39

The sun was at its highest today and Minju could just feel the heat from it. Summer came around. The warmth fills her as she tosses around the bed wondering what was smelling so good.

Beef bone soup? Omelette? She couldn't quite make it out but knew it smelt great.

What stumped her was not seeing Yujin anywhere in the bed. She looked at the floor and even under the bed to make sure. She lies back down. Was it all a dream?

"You finally woke up."

Minju got a little startled by the voice, tilting her head up to see a blurry figure walking towards the bed.

Yujin chuckles when she saw her squinting her eyes. "I heard you can't tell a person's face with a degree as high as yours." She slid the girl's glasses on so she could see. "Better?"

"It's not a dream." Minju found herself smiling first thing in the morning.

Yujin squats down. "The doctor did say you might feel delusional because you hit your head hard but this is not a dream." She assures her. "Does it still hurt?"

"It's so weird seeing you like this." The brunette pushes her hair back.

Yujin knew she'd have to get used to everything. She stands up. "I made you breakfast according to what Google and the doctor told me," she says and walks to the little kitchen to check on the soup.

"Breakfast?"

Yujin turns around. "Why do you sound so surprised?" Minju made it sound like she has never seen someone prepare breakfast for her before.

"I don't eat breakfast." Coming from someone who always runs to classes. Minju rarely has breakfast.

Yujin straightens her back. "Really?" She was a little disappointed. Not at her but at the person who supposedly took care of her while she wasn't around.

Minju shakes her head and stands up. "I'll eat."

No matter how rich Minhyun could have been, Yujin didn't believe he hasn't cooked for her once. "He didn't cook for you?" She did notice how Minju looked tinier than she was two years ago.

The brunette shook her head. She went into the bathroom and did her morning routine.

Yujin sighs, going to plate the food. As she scoops out the rice, she starts talking to herself. "How can he not cook for her? What boyfriend doesn't cook? He should be called trash—he's trash. I can't believe..."

Minju peeks out of the bathroom door when she hears little mumbles of rants. She watched Yujin pour the soup into a bowl with a frown as if it did something wrong to her.

Cute. She goes back into the bathroom before getting caught.

Yujin places two cups of warm water on the tiny foldable table and sees Minju wiping her feet against the bathroom rug.

"I don't remember having anything in the fridge," the brunette looks at the table filled with food.

Yujin sat on the floor and handed her chopsticks and a spoon. "I went out." It's currently 9 am. "While you were sleeping."

"And how early is that?"

"When the sun came up. So 6?"

Minju gasps. "That early? Are places even open at that timing?" She earned a nod as Yujin gave her some medicine, asking her to eat them.

Minju easily downs it with water and got asked to eat before everything goes cold.

She looks at the food, amazed by how good it looked. Yujin puts a piece of omelette roll in her bowl. "Try it."