42

Minju helps Yujin with some stuff in the bedroom, packing them into boxes. The girl was washing the dishes after their dinner. "She has many winter clothes," she mumbles, folding the sweaters. "How cold does it get here?"

Yujin walks through the door while patting her hands dry. "You're already at the sweaters? That's fast." She sits next to her on the floor, helping out.

"Doing these things are easy. People say it's stressful but I destress."

"Housewife material." Yujin earned a slap to her shoulder. "I'm not wrong." She shrugs, arranging her clothes in the box.

"Who's she to you?"

"Who?"

"Lara."

Yujin looks at her. "My friend. Why?" She looks bothered.

Minju shakes her head. "It's nothing." She was thinking too much. There was a possibility Yujin dated someone while she was here. Minju never ruled that out. Seeing Lara made her think that way.

Yujin figured she should know. "She confessed to me," she says. "A year ago."

Minju stops folding the last clothing, getting intrigued.

"I was here for a year before she told me everything. That she liked me. We met at the store down the hill where she worked at. She started talking to me since then even when I barely knew how to communicate with her. I thought she was nice so it didn't hurt to make a new friend. I had none here. So naturally, we got close. But I never thought of her as more than a friend."

"Why?"

"Because I thought of you. I never thought of liking anyone but you. How can I like someone else? It only took a month for you to settle down in my head. Before I knew it, I left my heart with you. How was I supposed to forget everything? I wrote that letter for a reason. Because I didn't want to leave you completely. I knew I was going to come back whether things change or not."

Minju watched her pull the box to the corner of the room. Yujin stood properly and noticed the I didn't know all that look on her face.

"Although I wrote it in a way like I wasn't going to come back," she said. Was she jealous? I know Lara can be a little... "If I told you you're the only person I think of, will you believe me?"

Minju didn't know how to respond. She doesn't know what went through Yujin's head for the past two years for her to believe anything.

Yujin sits on the chair. "Come here." She reaches for Minju and settles her on her lap with her legs on either side of her. She cups the brunette's face, reading those eyes. "Are you jealous?"

"A little bit."

"Why?" Yujin wanted to know what exactly she did that made her feel that way.

"If you met a friend of mine you've never seen before and they suddenly get all physical to the point it feels like they know me better than you. Will you not be jealous?"

"I won't," Yujin spoke too fast. "Same timeline?"

"Same timeline."