35

The moment Yena sees the small barbecue restaurant they agreed to meet at, she quickly drags Yuri in.

"Ya! Jang Wonyoung!" She shrieks as if there were no customers around, running to the taller girl who stood up.

Yena ran and crashed into her, hugging her tightly. Wonyoung looks at Minju who had nothing to say. "What's wrong with you?" She peels the latter off her.

"I just missed an old face. You didn't say you were coming back. We could've picked you up or something and thrown you a party. Wah, it's been two years. Did you get taller?"

Yuri pulls her to sit down before she tries doing something. "Don't tell people you're my girlfriend. I don't know you." She warns, always having to feel embarrassed with Yena's unhinged behaviour.

But she loves her, nonetheless.

They all looked at Minju who had Minhyun lying on her shoulder, napping.

"What happened to him? Is he dead?" Yena pokes the guy's shoulder.

"He just came back from freshmen orientation." Everyone knows seniors don't get enough sleep at camps like this. They had to take care of juniors so they wouldn't get everyone in trouble.

"Let him be." Wonyoung lifts him off Minju's shoulder, letting him lie back against the cushioned seat.

They start cooking the meat as Yena prepares the drinks, shaking the soju bottle here and there.

"Don't make one for me. I have to get up early tomorrow." Yuri told her.

"Aye, we'll all be drinking today. She came back after two years." Yena mixed the beer with soju, sliding it to her girlfriend. "Don't worry, I'll bring you home."

"I doubt you'll make it." Minju quickly shoves a lettuce wrap into her mouth, earning a glare from Yena.

"I know how to wake him up." Yena takes a piece of freshly grilled meat, making a wrap. She hovers the juicy bundle of joy under Minhyun's nose, eventually waking him up. "Finally." She hands him a cup of the drink she made.

"Drink. You'll feel awake."

He was confused for a few seconds before remembering where he was.

...

Before they knew it, everyone except Wonyoung and Yuri got drunk. They've spent four hours in the same restaurant, talking and eating their hearts out.

Minhyun was tipsy but he was fine, still drinking as if he hasn't touched alcohol for ages. Wonyoung looks at him. "You can stop. They're all out." She looks at Minju who found a place to nap on her lap.

"Someone has to finish everything." He points at two opened bottles of soju and a few pieces of meat. "I'm fine."

She was a little concerned, not knowing how he could take that much alcohol.

Yena had her head against Yuri's shoulder, smiling with her eyes closed. She had too much fun playing around with the drinks and drinking them to her heart's content.

Wonyoung orders one more plate of beef so Minhyun wouldn't be drinking plain. "What's up with you? Since when can you take more than a bottle without dropping?"

The guy shrugs. "I just can." That means he has been drinking frequently for the past two years.

Alcohol isn't a good thing within this friend group. It always evokes unknown feelings a person feels.

Wonyoung grills the meat, placing some on Yuri's and Minhyun's plates. "How's your mom?"

"Nothing new," he said.

The One I Wantजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें