06 | Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

- Prerna Ahuja -

We reached the mansion after about 30 minutes. The last time I saw this big mansion is when I was so small. I never got a chance to come here. This place is really amazing with the lights and decorations. We all reached the entrance . Papa and Maa came in one car while I came with My brothers in one car.

We got down the car and started to walk inside the haveli. As we entered, I was awestruck with the furniture and the decorations. This place screams Rich and Royality .

" Close your mouth baccha ." I heard Anand bhai's voice.

I immediately closed my mouth and I can feel the heat started to spread on my cheeks because of embarrassment. I looked around checking whether anyone saw me gawking. Thank god no one noticed.

I heard my brothers chuckling to which I just rolled my eyes.

" I have some work here , I'll see you both after sometime. " Rahul bhai said and left somewhere. I looked at Anand bhai and grinned " Bhai where is the food court ?". To which he laughed out loud and said " Let's go ".

As we were going to the food court , I heard mumma calling for me. I turned around to see , She is not alone. Mumma gestured me to come . I looked at Anand bhai , he said " That is Rani sa " he whispered answering the question which I'm about to ask. My eyes widened.

I immediately ran towards mumma as I'm so excited to meet the royal family. Rani sa is really very gorgeous woman. Her attire is classic yet simple. Her makeup was light highlighting her features. She is wearing a maroon color silk saree with diamond necklace and diamond earrings adoring her ears .

She smiled broadly after I reached there. I smiled in return .

" Rani sa , She is my daughter Prerna . " Mumma introduced me. Rani sa and mumma are friends since papa started working for the king. Mumma always said that Rani sa never treated her as a worker's wife but she gave her the respect . Even though they are friends, there is a invisible line which we are not allowed to cross .

I touched Rani sa feet and took her blessings. It's not every day thing that I get a chance to meet and talk with Rani sa.

" Pranam Rani sa " I said . She smiled and patted my head.

" You grew up really fast . I still remember you coming with your father wearing a small ponytail and running around the garden." She said making us smile. She is really ground to earth and sweet . She is exactly opposite of her twin. I don't know why but I'm scared of her sister . Like she never smiles in public. I shrugged.

I came out of my thoughts hearing my mother laugh. I looked at her and Rani sa they are seriously discussing about ...Collector wife??? Gossips?? Oh my god!! My mother is now gossiping with Rani sa about collector wife . Great!

Typical Indian women!!

" Mumma where is papa?" I asked her . She didn't respond. They are whispering something to each other and whatever the matter is made Rani sa gasped. I rolled my eyes.

I asked her again. "Bhai sa is with my husband , maybe in the study room upstairs ". Rani ma said smiling at me. I smiled in return and started going towards the study room .

It's been ten minutes. Why I'm I coming to the same place again and again.

You got lost , stupid!!

Shit!! Why is this mansion so big? They should have kept directions here. I sighed.

I heard footsteps sound and turned around in a hallway suddenly which made me bumped into a man. It's not like those one of a typical Bollywood scene , where men catch the girls by holding their waist and stare at her with heart eyes and a background music playing for them.

As I said I bumped. My balance was lost and I stretched my hand for that person to hold me. It was like a slow motion video .

Like man I'm falling , catch me!!! .

But Whoever he was kept staring at me. This person don't even have the humanity to hold me and stop me from falling and I was expecting a background music !!!

Just like that - my butt kissed the floor. With a 'thud'

I sat there with pure embarrassed . My hair covered my face. What was I expecting. I closed my eyes.

I gritted my teeth. " Don't you have a little common sense to help me while I was falling " I said glaring at him. He blinked his eyes. While I'm still on the floor. Sitting!!

He cleared his throat and looked everywhere except me while saying "whatever " and left . Not even once turned back .

I stood up on my own. And left not before glaring at his direction.

Jerk!!