07 | Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

- Abhiraj Singh Raghuvanshi -

Damn!!!! She is so beautiful. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths to stop my racing heart and calm my nerves. This girl is going to be death of me. I'm behaving like a fucking teenager . She really have a big effect on me.

Her doe eyes which screams innocence. Her chubby cheeks . Her voice which is so soft and sweet. And her cute glare which she gave me while sitting on the floor like a fiery kitten.

My little kitten.

I'm sitting on my bed after the ' bumping incident ' and after leaving 'Not-so-happy' Prerna Ahuja behind .

Prerna.

I sighed and rested on the bed thinking about the girl who is the reason for my sleepless nights and racing heart.

I'm observing her from my childhood. Not that I'm a creep obsessed with my minister's daughter.

Ya ! So true !! My inner self taunted. Which I of course ignored.

But she is something which is an attraction and distraction for me.

Her simple name is enough to distract me from my work and her damn eyes are enough to attract me towards her.

I was 15 when I first saw her she was 9 or 10 years old at that time. She came to the palace with her father.

Flashback -

I was painting in my room.I was always been a quiet kid not like my brother who was very naughty and trouble maker. Painting was always been my passion. I heard the sound of crying. I quickly left my room and followed the sound .

There was a kid wearing a pink skirt and white top. Black hair and doe eyes filled with tears. Standing in the corner crying. And my pet dog Snoopy was there barking at her. That girl was crying and stood near a table . Snoopy doesn't like new people , to be honest she doesn't like anyone and grumpy dog.

I quickly went towards snoopy and instructed it to not bark and It listened. I looked at the girl who is now looking at me with the doe eyes and sniffed. "Who are you ?" I asked her Shit!! It came out rude and her eyes again filled with tears. I sighed and tried my best to speak with a softer tone. I usually don't talk softly even if it's my sisters.

It's just the way Iam.

" Kid , who are you? What are you doing here?" I asked her softly . She sniffed and looked at the dog which is shaking it's tail looking at me , waiting to get attention from me. She looked at me

" I came with Baba " she said in low voice. She is really a looking cute with her red nose , pink cheeks and lips with a pout. I kept staring at her.

I came out of my world when I heard a bark , the girl flinched. This dog is jealous. I sighed. Why was I staring at her like a creep?. "Come here " I said to the girl. She looked at me and then to my hand which I stretched for her. She slowly kept her small hand in my hand and came forward.

I bent down on my knees and gestured her to sit as well. She obeyed like a good girl. I looked at her and asked " what's your name? " she looked at me for sometime and said

" Ruhi "

I raised my eyebrows , surprised. I looked in her eyes .I know she is lying . Maybe she don't trust a stranger to say her name. I smirking.

Smart.

I looked at the dog which is wiggling his tail at me and said " He is snoopy . My pet. It doesn't like new people . Don't worry it causes no harm." She nodded her head.

I took her hand in mine and stretched it for the dog. It kept her paw in her hand. She flinched again but then relaxed. Snoopy started wiggling her tail. " Common Snoopy it's our friend. Don't bark loud she is getting scared " I told . He whined and sat there. " See it listens " I said to the kid and started patting the dog and she copied my action .

When She saw that snoopy is of no harm , she looked at me and smiled . Damn!! I kept looking at her. She got comfortable with the dog and started giggling and laughing while playing with it.

I had a smile of my own seeing her.

" Prerna , Here you are " I heard Mr.Ahuja and we turned to see him

"Prerna" oh!!

I got up " How are you Mr. Ahuja. " I asked him . He looked at me and smiled " Bahut acche hukum. "

"Prerna , I was looking for you ." He walked towards her and She immediately hugged him. " Let's go beta. Where is your bag?". He asked . "In the hall ". She said. " Wait , I will bring the bag." He said and left. I looked at her as she came to me and asked " What's your name ?"

I raised my eyebrow with amusement and answered

" Abhi "

To which she nodded . She bent down and kissed snoopy on head . She then looked at me and smiled. I stare at her. So She is the daughter of Mr. Ahuja , the first girl who born after 8 generations.

She cleared her throat , to say something .I know I'm doomed after what she said.

" Thankyou for not questioning my lie , Abhi"

Flashback ends -

She was mature even when she was a kid. She observes her surrounding and read people . She is smart , intelligent and patient . That's what is most attractive thing about her. I never knew when the mere adoration towards a king turned way more deeper and intense becoming my obsession.

After that incident , I always had my eye on her from a distance. As she grew up with time, my feeling grew as well. I kept tabs about her safety and her life when she was far from her.

Of course, it's my responsibility to protect my queen.

Never once I came in front of her or interfere in her life but the time has come.

It's time to claim what's mine.