19 | Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

- AUTHOR'S POV -

Everyone are sitting in the hall around the priest. He was checking the kundali of the couple. Mahima was tensed if their kundali will match or not. Abhiraj didn't give them any choice to look at these things. Prerna is not present at the place, she is with Anisha who is taking her pictures. Abhiraj is sitting right beside mahima. Prerna's family was sitting there as well.

"Their kundali is matching, there is no doubt they both are made for each other" pandit ji said making everyone smile. Meera was so happy to the point that she is literally jumping on her spot squeezing her husband's hand making him smile as well.

"There is are two dates for the marriage, both are in December. One is December 7th and the other is December 22." Everyone nodded. "How about fixing the second date? We get a lot of time for preparations" Kalyani spoke to her mother mahima. Listening to it meera immediately held her husband's hand said "Let's fix the first one" and she glanced at her son who has a smirk after listening to her words.

"Let's fix the first one, what do you say pradeep?" Achintya voice boomed in the hall. Everyone nodded including the Ahuja's.

Meera looked at her son and winked at him making him chuckle silently at his crazy mother.

The ceremony came to an end all the family members were talking between themselves. Ahuja's were saying goodbyes to the Raghuvanshi's. They soon left outside waiting for prerna at the car.

Abhiraj looked over to Prerna who is going upstairs with Anisha. He then looked at the her family who are talking to his father at the entrance. No one is present near them. He went towards them and stood beside his father.

"Mr. Ahuja" he spoke his voice was stern and cold. Everyone's attention went to him. "How many years of experience do you have as minister" He asked . Anand and Rahul became confused and Shanti became anxious at what they have done wrong. As for pradeep He is neutral.

"It's been 30 years , hukum " he spoke making Abhiraj nod at him. "Then you must now about the rules" he stated tucking his hands in his pockets. His eyes ice cold making them nervous. "What happened hukum " Rahul asked looking at him and abhiraj ignored him. Achintya was confused looking at his son.

"Yes hukum, I'm aware of them" pradeep stated rubbing his forehead to remove his sweat. He nodded again and asked "What are the punishments for disrespecting a royal member" As he asked the question everyone started remembering whether they done something which offended the royal family.

"Hukum, it depends on the gravity of the situation " pradeep spoke nervously. Abhiraj took a step forward towards them and asked "Okay then, tell me what is the punishment for slapping a queen" He spoke glancing at shanti making her breathe hitch and making her tremble in her spot.

Hearing his question everyone became confused and looked at each other. "W-What" pradeep is in shock who will dare to raise their hand on rani sa?.

"Hukum, the punishment is beheading" He spoke confidently this time. Making his wife shiver. Abhiraj smirked looking at the scene.

"Then why don't you teach your knowledge to your wife?" He spoke glancing at Prerna's mother. "Hukum?" Pradeep asked being confused.

"Tell me Mr. Ahuja, should I behead your wife for raising her hand on my queen?" He spoke clamly voice stern and giving chills. Hearing it everyone froze. Their eyes widened realizing the situation.

"Tell me Mr Ahuja. You wife dared to raise her hand at the girl infront of whom the king himself doesn't even dare to raise his voice. What should I do?" He spoke glaring at them making pradeep tremble in fear.