28 | Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

- AUTHOR'S POV -

It is 2am in the morning when abhiraj was sleeping peacefully in his room. A knocking sound disturbed his sleep making him frown. He is a light sleeper, being the king, he should be always conscious about his surroundings even in his sleep. Even a slightest sound can wake him.

He opened the door only to his sister, Shristi standing there tightly hugging a teddy bear. He smiled looking at her and opened the door widely for her to enter. He closed the door and went towards her who is now wrapped herself in blanket.

He caressed her hair and softly asked "Nightmare?". She slightly nodded her head with her eyes closed. He laid beside her and pulled her towards him.

"I'm here" he whispered placing a kiss on her forehead. She nodded cuddling her brother. She soon fell asleep in her safe place.

Abhiraj laid there staring at the ceiling blankly. No matter how much he think he can't help but to blame himself for her condition. He sighed and looked at his sister who is peacefully sleeping.

Next morning ~

"Good morning" Abhiraj greeted everyone present in the dining table and took his seat. Soon a maid served his food and he started eating.

"When is the meeting regarding the design of our new hotel?" Rudra asked taking a bite of his breakfast. "Tomorrow Chote pita ji" Abhiraj said making him nod. "No business talk while eating" Meera said serving Rajmata her breakfast.

"Yes, Also today your suit designs for your marriage are going to arrive. Raj, you have to see and select from them so we can place an order." Priya said taking her seat beside her husband.

"You select it choti ma, I trust your choice" Abhiraj said softly smiling at her making her grin at him. "Di, we also need to go for shopping with prerna. You just inform me before so that I can clear my schedule" Priya said to Meera. Meera nodded and said "I'm thinking of going this Saturday. I'll inform you once I'll confirm from them".

Meera looked at Rajmata seeing her so engrossed in eating without any involvement in the preparations. "What do you say? Maa ji" Meera asked making mahima scoff "When did my opinions mattered in this house. Everyone is doing what they wanted" she said mockingly making Meera silent.

Abhiraj phone rang in his pocket. He took it out to see his jaan is calling him. He looked at the table to see everyone is looking at him. He picked up the call and kept it near his ear.

"Good morning Abhiiiiiii" his cheerful Prerna shouted making him move the phone far from his ear. Due to the silence in the hall everyone can able to hear her shouting. Some chuckled hearing it while Kalyani and Nidhi scowled but Rajmata who is sitting beside Abhiraj became pale hearing it. Only she called him with that name till now, not his mother nor father call him that. To be exact he allowed no one to call him that but now he allowed her.

"Good morning" Abhiraj said softly continuing his breakfast. "Will you go on a date with me today?" She asked out of the blue making him smirk. She never fails to amuse him. He have to say, she is a masterpiece.

He shook his head saying "Try again" making prerna roll her eyes at him. "Is the king free to go on a date with his soon to be wife ?" she asked making him smile. "No, try again" A pout formed on her lips. He never leaves a chance to tease her. She sighed saying

"Go on a date with me bubbaa" she whined stomping her feet.

His hand stilled in his plate and his heart fluttered hearing her. He can imagine how she is looking now. With her big doe eyes and a cute pout on her lips. I f was in front of her now, he would have kissed her pout and agreed then and there.