22 | Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

- AUTHOR'S POV -

It is first November. Prerna is sitting on her chair in her office, glaring at the calander. The only thing that running in her mind is it's been 18 days but still her Abhi didn't come back nor her bhai.

It's been 3 days she talked to him. She stopped answering his calls now. He too realized that she is not going to answer his calls and stopped calling her. That made her more mad.

She gritting her teeth looking at her phone. Only she knows how much she is controlling to call him and shout at him. But no, she just sighed and started to do her work.

If he want to talk, he has to come.

She knew she is behaving immature. But all the credits goes to Abhiraj as he spoiled her way too much that she became so stubborn and childish.

Her thoughts broke hearing her phone ringing. She looked at the caller Id and sighed. She picked up and greeted with the as usual energetic Anisha.

"Pranam bhabhi sa, How are you?" She asked. Prerna smiled saying " I'm good. How are you?" She asked her. "I'm good bhabhi sa. What I'm actually asking is how is your situation without my bhai sa". Here she goes. Anisha never leaves a chance to tease her just like Abhi.

"I'm going to kill him when he returns" she said gritting her teeth making Anisha laugh. "He just gone for 2 weeks and you became a lovesick puppy. What will you do If he go for a month?" she asked chuckling.

"Trust me Anisha, I'm going to cling onto him until he takes me with him or I'll just hide in one of his luggage. My personality helps me in that" Prerna said laying her head on the desk feeling exhausted.

Hearing her Anisha busted out laughing "Oh my god!! You look so frustrated." Anisha spoke making prerna sigh. Actually Prerna is not frustrated, she is so sad. She is feeling a lot of insecure, she thinks that she is behaving like a desperate teenager.

The Another reason she stopped talking to him is her insecurity. As the days went by she started to call him so randomly and continously. Not that he said anything to her about it but she just feel like she is portraying herself as some clingy girlfriend infront of him.

'What if he gets bored of her?'

That the question which is bugging her mind. So she forced herself to not to call him and give him a proper space. "Okay bhabhi sa byee" Anisha said cutting the call.

Prerna looked at the surroundings to see everyone engrossed in their works. It is already evening. Most of them are getting ready to leave.

The drama in her office is same. She got to know that the name of drama queen is Aditi. Who got the job of a manager through recommendation. Her relationship with her new friends is going good as well. The only thing Prerna is upset is about her abhi.

There is only one month for the wedding. The preparations have started. She sighed closing her eyes. Everyone is leaving the office as the work hours are ended. Just then Riya and Avni came to her desk "Get up!! Let's go outside to eat." Riya said making Prerna get up in a jolt. She grinned at them after hearing the word food. " I'm always ready for the food" she said walking ahead of them making them shake their heads at her.

They soon reached a small dhaba and ordered the food. Prerna can feel someone's eyes on her. She turned around to take a look but saw none. She just shrugged the feeling off and enjoyed the food.

"Why do I feel that you are getting a lot irritated now a days" Avni said narrowing her eyes at prerna. While she just shrugged in response. It is true Prerna became a lot moody and lazy these days.