42 | Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

- AUTHOR'S POV -

"So hukum we are thinking of postponing the marriage fir atleast an year" Prerna stopped in her tracks as soon as she heard her father speaking. A sudden rush of anger bursted in her veins but she just stood by the door to hear Abhi's response. She frowned after not hearing any response from him.

Is he agreeing to them?

She gritted her teeth at that thought. She will sure kill him if he accepted it But what she heard made her loose her the last drop of her patience. "Woahhh what an Idea. Raj I'm telling you, you should accept it." Of course what can she expect from Arjun kapoor. Arjun is not agaist the marriage, he just was waiting to get a chance to get on prerna's nerves.

'That moron'

Not being able to resist she opened the door to meet with silence. Everyone was staring at her while her gaze is fixed on him. Her abhi. Who is looking down frowning as if thinking something deep.

Everyone looked at each other seeing Abhiraj in deep thoughts and not responding. Prerna was tapping her foot on ground waiting impatiently to see his response. But he didn't give any.

Somewhere she was hurt after meeting with his silence. He has to reject it then and there. The hesitation he showed made her heart drop. She lowered her head with sadness and just left from there. She ran down the hall and to the entrance, ignoring the yells of her family and asked the driver to drop her at her house. She wanted to be alone.

She had enough of everyone now. All they want is to control her life.

She plopped herself on her bed and buried her face in the pillow. The door of her room opened revealing her family looking at her worried. "Choti, what happened?" Pradeep asked sitting on the bed. Prerna sat up on the bed trying her best to not burst put on them. "Nothing" she mumbled.

"What are you upset for? Is there something which bothering you- " before he could complete prerna interrupted him saying

"Of course not Baba, why would I get upset. Actually you think I have any right to get upset? You wanted me to marry all of a sudden and I had to say yes. When you want to postpone I still have to be okay with it. Does my opinion ever mattered to you all. " without her realizing her voice raised a bit.

"Have you guys even thought for a second to ask me or to hear my opinion before going to abhi for postponing the marriage. " They just stared at her with wide eyes . " do you guys even care for me one bit?" she gulped looking at their faces as everyone's face is showing guilt.

"You know what? I don't want to talk to anyone. I need rest please" she sighed and laid on her bed while covering herself with the blanket.

"But choti you didn't eat anything-" "I don't need anything. It's not like I'm going die " she said making their heart ache. "Prerna don't talk like that" Anand yelled sternly but prerna didn't say anything. looking at them not moving at all she muttered " I really don't want to show you all the way out." even though she may sound rude she didn't care. Maybe she regret it tomorrow but not now. She can't be nice all the time.

Prerna drifted to sleep while her family sat in the hall drowning in guilt. The main reason for their postponement is that they want to spend time with her. They are not ready to send her far from them this soon not after getting to know the truth.

They became selfish just like they had gone when she wanted to study in abroad. For them Prerna means the world but they can't be so selfish that hurts the person they love the most right?. This is what they have done in the past and again are about to do. They realized it. But prerna is not in the state to listen to anyone.