30 | Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

- Prerna Ahuja -

I sighed placing the coffee cup on the table beside my bed. My leave starts from today. Slowly the reality sinking in that only 12 days are left for the marriage. I'm getting nervous just by the thought itself. I don't have any doubt on Abhi. He will be the best husband but what if I fail ti be a good wife? Or a good queen.

"Choti, why don't you wear a saree today?" Mumma said entering my room with a saree in her hand making me come out of my thoughts. I nodded at her. Today we are going for jewelry and sarees shopping with my in- laws. I never wore a saree in front of them not even infront of Abhi.

I grinned feeling excited about his reaction. I bit my lip as blush started to spread just by thinking about him.

I took a bath and washed my hair. I wore the saree mumma bought and left my hair open. I applied a simple makeup because why not. I applied pink lipstick and a lip gloss.

"Come down choti, we need to go" I heard mumma shouting from downstairs

"Come down choti, we need to go" I heard mumma shouting from downstairs. I sighed looking at myself in the mirror again in the mirror. Not gonna lie, I'm looking so good. I smirked at myself.

I took a deep breathe and went downstairs to mumma who is waiting for me at the entrance of our house. She looked at me and her eyes widened.

"Oh my god!! Look at you. Your glowing and Oh my god you are looking so beautiful" she spoke fumbling with her words and her eyes are still big and lighten up taking in my appearance.

I grinned seeing her reaction and shrugged not knowing how to react. She laughed at me and we sat in the car. As the car started mumma got a call from Rani sa. She picked up and started talking.

"We need to go to mansion. Rani sa said that Abhiraj told them to not to go outside and he ordered all the designers to come to the mansion for us." Mumma said making me frown. I nodded at her and she asked the driver to take us to the mansion.

Why did he do that? I shrugged.

Soon we reached the mansion and I saw an overly excited Anisha and a calm Shristi at the entrance. Their eyes widened looking at me. I know I'm looking good but I'm I looking that good?

"Oh my god!!" Anisha ran to me and landed herself on me taking ne into a tight hug almost making me breathless in the process. "Are you planning to seduce my brother?" She asked loudly making my eyes widened and I almost died in embarrassment when I heard mumma choking on air.

"I - I mean you are looking so good. I'm just saying that my brother will be smitten by seeing you. You know-" She is rambling making me even more embarrassed I looked at shristi who suppressed her laugh and ran towards Anisha and closed her mouth to shut her up.

"Pranam Aunty ji. Please come in" She said politely. My mom awkwardly smiled at her and went inside quickly.

I pinched Anisha hard making her hiss and she uttered 'sorry' not before winking at me. She really need a filter to her mouth.