32 | Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

- AUTHOR'S POV -

"Ahh!! My head" Prerna said groaning in pain. She rubbed her temples and neck irritatingly early in the morning. She turned around on the bed and frowned. She sat up massaging her scalp and blinked her eyes. An unfamiliar room came into her site.

"I'm I dreaming?" She mumbled rubbing her eyes and now looked clearly around the room. The room is not large but not small either, with a bed and couch. The windows are closed so is the door. That's when reality sinked in her mind.

Her eyes widened remembering what happened.

-- Flashback --

"I need to take a nap to function properly " prerna mumbled coming out of her mother's room. She went to her room and locked it.

As she was about to turn back a hand cupped her mouth. She flinched at the sudden movement and started to wiggle. She grabbed the vase present beside the door and slammed it on the guy's head.

The guy fell down with a thud. She turned around breathing heavily. She picked up her phone which was laying on the floor only to see it broken. She turned to open her room door but someone hit her on the head making her stumble. She turned around to see 2 men with masks and the guy she fought with standing up slowly.

A man came forward taking a threatening step towards her. She blinked her eyes as the black dots started to appear. He came forward but fell down flinching when she kinked him hard. She grabbed the opportunity to escape with her throbbing head . She grabbed the knob of the door but soon fell down loosing her conscious.

-- Flashback ends --

She ran towards te door and banged it hard shouting for anyone to open. But even after a lot of shouting, no one opened the door. She moved towards the window only to see it sealed. She looked around the room in search of any object and met with disappointment.

She sat on the bed sighing. She gulped hard and took a deep breathe to stay strong. Her hands and legs started to shake with the growing anxiety. Her throat constricted and her eyes burned with tears but she didn't let them fall.

Her eyes fell on her finger where the diamond is shining brightly. She sighed. Soon she heard the sound of keys jiggling making her still. She walked towards the corner. The door soon opened revealing none other than Siddarth making her breath hitch.

His face had a proud smirk looking at her. He stepped in with his hands tucked in his pockets. He scanned her from up and down. Prerna's fisted her saree as she felt a lot uncomfortable and disgust.

He sighed shaking his head and came forward to sit on the bed. He faced her with a smirk "How is the so called queen doing?" He said. Prerna looked at him sharply without uttering a word. The emotions she is showing outside is just opposite to what she is feeling. Her heartbeat increasing seeing him but she didn't show it to him.

" If you are thinking that your marriage is ruined, then Don't worry. We are going to get married in 3 days. Congratulations by the way." he spoke with a mocking glare.

Prerna's heart dropped hearing it. Her breathing got heavy and she tried her best to control her breathing. Her shut her eyes and fisted her palm till they turn white. Siddarth scoffed looking at her state and opened his mouth to say something when someone interrupted him

"Sir, boss is asking for you" A lady in her 50's said making siddarth get up and leave the room not before winking at the shivering prerna.

"You are not weak" she repeated the same sentence in her mind burying her face in her palms. She looked at the door which is now locked. Her tears started to run down her cheeks. She slide down the wall and hugged her knees feeling anxious and scared.