18 | Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

- AUTHOR'S POV -

It's finally the engagement day. Everything is in choas. It's the royal ceremony after all. Not only in the palace but the celebration is all over the city. The king gave bonus to his employees. Released the slaves who have spent years in the jail and many more. Anyone can sense the happiness radiating from him.

The choas in the Ahuja's house is not less either. All the ladies were busy getting ready for the ceremony and Prerna went to the parlor to get ready. Pradeep Ahuja is in the hall sitting on the couch while looking at the picture of his daughter which is framed on the wall. He can't believe she became this big, for him she is still a little girl who used to eat clumsily and gave him a toothy grin when he fake scolded her. His heart is still not ready to leave his princess.

Anand Ahuja who already went to the ceremony hall to check the necessary decorations and food, sat at a corner wiping his tears. His little girl is grown up. His sister is like a daily dose of happiness to him. She is the light in his world. Only he knew how much he fought with his father to reject the proposal as she is too young to marry and take responsibilities. But his yelling went to deaf ears. As No one dared to offend the king.

About Rahul Ahuja, he is so damn happy to see his best friend and his sister marrying. He knew about Abhiraj, he is going to keep his sister happy. He didn't miss the dull face of his mother when he got home yesterday which he just shrugged off.

Shanti Ahuja is sitting on her bed crying her eyes out thinking about her daughter. There is no doubt she loves her daughter more than anything but her negligence and insecurities led her to this extent that she slapped her daughter. Her daughter who is going to leave the house after marriage with happy memories but due to her foolishness she gave the worst memory to her daughter. She became determined that She is going to fix the relation with her daughter before the marriage.

Because it's the time to accept the reality that she is on the edge of loosing her daughter.

Everyone got ready and went to the ceremony place in their cars . Prerna who is sitting on a stool silently deep in thought startles when her phone vibrates beside her. Giving a apologic look to the makeup artist she opens her phone.

Abhi💓 -
You know? You look good bare faced!!

She grinned.

Me -
Oh!! Too bad. My makeup is almost done :(

Abhi💓 -
Ok I'll adjust ^_^
Atleast wear a smudge proof lipstick then!

Did he just...oh my god she covered her face feeling her face heating up looking at the text. She didn't reply anything. But she have to apply it right? She bit her lip looking at the makeup artist.

"Ah!! Please apply a smudge proof one " she spoke as the makeup artist was about to apply lipstick. She nodded her head maintaining professionalism. After the final touch prerna looked at herself in the mirror. And became speechless. She is not going to lie, she was drop dead gorgeous in her simple yet classic makeup.

"You are looking really gorgeous " she heard a voice and turned back to see Anisha and shrishti standing there looking so beautiful in their lehenga. "You too" she shyly replied. "Ma'am, it's time to wear the lehenga"

After wearing the lehenga she came out making the others stunned. 'There is no doubt Abhi will be speechless' she thought looking at herself in the mirror.

They soon left for the ceremony. Prerna was mesmerized looking at the decorations. They both wanted a simple one with just family members. Anisha took her to a room. Prerna sat on the bed and relaxed while the sisters were busy clicking pictures.