One

Isabella

Snoozing your alarm more than twice is always a mistake.

Once? That's normal. You never set your alarm for the right time anyways, at least I don't. You always set the alarm like at least fifteen minutes before you have to wake up so that when the alarm goes off again, it's actually the time you have to get up. It can be argued that you can get away with an extra snooze and in most of my experience I'm able to just take breakfast on the go when that happens. But any snoozes after that, you are late.

Unfortunately, running late is something I'm extremely well-versed in and nine times out of ten, I can blame sleeping in too late. To be fair, I get home most nights at five in the morning, so I should be kinder to myself. But as I rush out the door to head to the studio, I can't help but curse myself out in my head for pressing the snooze a fourth time.

Kat told me this would happen after the second snooze. But I just had to lie and say that I was getting up and didn't press snooze. She knows me too well. At least she left on time so we both won't be running late today.

Instead of taking the subway, I order an uber. It's not ideal since the subway is only $2.75 and an uber is close to $30 once you factor in that it's a Saturday morning and I have to add a tip, but it's the only way I can ensure I get to the studio on time. I missed my usual train and the next one won't come for another fifteen minutes at least. And that's not including the fifteen minute walk from the station to the studio. At least the uber drops me off right in front.

I could take responsibility for my tardiness. Or I could blame Christian and it's always more fun going with that option. Who doesn't like shitting on their ex who also happens to be their employer? Plus it'll earn me pity points with Kat since Chris is an ass. We're officially off again, but I give it a month before he's begging me to come back.

The worst part about running late is that I can't even stop into a Starbucks to get an iced latte. And I didn't have enough time to make myself a coffee at home. Maybe I'll text Chris to bring me one later since I'll be stuck in the studio all day.

Three years working at Believe Dance Studio and enrollment day still sucks. Helicopter parents out the ass and having to answer the same question every five seconds is enough to drive any person crazy. Not to mention the annoying ass dance moms who have to get into fights with each other over who's kid is going to do the best this year. As if it matters.

The only good part about today is that I dumped the parents onto Kat for today, using my recent break up as a reason why I couldn't even though Chris and I break up every five to seven business days. With Kat on parent duty, I get to spend all day with the kids having class. A lot of the day will focus on getting to know each other and not much dancing will take place, but it's fun nonetheless. Especially the baby ballet classes, those always have my heart.

While in the car, I take the time to go over my schedule for the day, only to get annoyed when I see that I have to do a shift at the club tonight again. A few texts come in from Kat about how there are some parents lingering outside already waiting for the studio to open and that she unlocked the door for me. She also lets me know that she got me a venti iced vanilla latte which is quite a relief.

As the driver pulls up to the studio and parks, I thank him and quickly hop out. Sure enough there are a crowd of parents with their kids waiting outside, some of which I know from past dance seasons. With a tight lipped smile, I slip inside and lock the door behind myself.

"You totally didn't snooze the alarm again." Kat says sarcastically from behind the desk as I put my bag down.

I scowl over at her. "You try getting home after five in the morning and waking up at nine thirty."