Twenty Two

Isabella

Arm in arm, Brynn and I walk around Soho, taking a break from all the shopping we've been doing to find a place to sit and have some coffee. My first payment for the month went through this morning and I felt like doing a little shopping. Plus, Harry arranged a fitting for that gala at Gucci.

Gucci. Like the actual Gucci store.

Kat had to work today and I'd be damned if I went to the Gucci store alone. Brynn was more than willing to come with me, especially since she wants details on what Harry's like. She saw pictures of us from that golf thing on Page Six apparently. We talk everyday, but somehow it slipped my mind to mention Harry this last month.

And by somehow I mean, I avoided it like the fucking plague. Not that I'm embarrassed, but because talking about it makes it seem like more than it is. I can't just say he's paying me every month and in exchange I'm having sex with him. Even if I am enjoying it, that's the truth of this whole arrangement. I'm almost surprised Kat didn't spill the beans to her, not that Kat knows the truth of this arrangement.

As we walk through the streets of Soho, going further uptown toward a little coffee spot we love, I'm exceedingly aware of the fact that the apartment Harry rented isn't too far away.

I'll admit, I was a little on the fence about the whole apartment thing. However, after a week of utilizing the apartment, I have to say it's pretty great. It's super convenient to have a place to meet up, not to mention I don't have to pack a bag every time we want to have sex. We don't have to worry about anyone coming up his elevator by surprise or having to spend so much money on a hotel suite, though that's more of a him problem since I never told him to rent the fanciest suite in the fanciest hotel.

Nobody even knows we're there. It's like our own little hiding spot in this giant city.

Last night we ended up making some popcorn after we had sex, and after he left for the night I put on a movie and crashed there. It was a pretty great night if I do say so myself.

Thankfully the coffee shop is pretty empty so we're able to order right away and get a small table in the back. It feels so good to rest for a while after so much walking.

"So, why are we going to Gucci again?" Brynn asks as she takes a sip from her iced coffee.

I sigh, swirling my straw around in my cup. "They are donating to this charity gala thing and are dressing Harry so since I'm going with him, I have to try some stuff on too."

She squeals with excitement, clearly just wanting to hear me say it again. "My bestie, getting dressed by Gucci to go to a charity gala with her rich new boyfriend! Does he have a brother?"

I actually don't know... "Oh shut up." I tease, trying my hardest not to get all red and blushy. "It's nothing, Brynn. He just supports this charity and asked me to come with him. It's for a really good cause."

"Still! The people who go to those dinners are insane. What if the President goes?!"

"Joe Biden isn't going to this charity gala." We laugh, trying to picture me meeting the president. "It'll probably just be New York socialites and business people."

Brynn shakes her head in disbelief. "You'll be spending your night at a gala with socialites and millionaires and I'll be spending mine shaking ass at Afterlife and getting yelled at by Christian. I think you're winning."

I scrunch my nose up at the mention of him. "Still bad over there?"

With a sigh she leans back. "Yeah, unfortunately. I think Chris overheard the girls saying you were with a new guy and that it was in the papers and he got all pissy."