Thirty Four

Harry

"The fucking food." I groan, pulling away from the warmth that is Isabella. Of course the food comes in the middle of us fucking. Maybe we should've ordered it after we were done.

"Hurry." She sounds breathless and desperate, making me smirk. With a wink, I quickly open the shower curtain and grab the first towel I can find.

With the towel wrapped low on my hips, I make a pit stop by my jacket in the living room to grab my wallet. There's a pounding on the door and I roll my eyes.

"I'm coming!" I say toward the door, walking over. Opening the door does nothing to improve my mood.

Christian stands at the other side of the door, his eyes narrowing as soon as he sees me.

"Well you aren't our food." I comment, not really knowing what else to say. Nothing could've prepared me to see Christian when I opened the door.

"What the fuck are you doing in Isabella's apartment?" He jumps right to it and I'm almost surprised he doesn't call her his girlfriend. He had no problem lying about it to me in the past.

My first instinct is to lie. I have to protect her. "Isabella has a roommate. She's not even home right now, it's just Katerina."

He looks suspicious, but I do my best to act nonchalant. "Do you know when Isabella will be home?"

I just shrug, crossing my arms over my chest. "No. You should probably leave though. I know you two broke up."

He scoffs, "And how would you know that?"

"I am fucking her best friend. Things come up. Anyways, I think you better leave before Kat comes out and sees you. I know she won't be happy about that at all."

From the bathroom, I hear Isabella call my name. My heart pounds in my chest as I pray that Christian didn't hear her. He stands his ground, making sure I can tell that he's not going anywhere until he sees Isabella.

"Christian, really, you need to leave."

"And what authority do you have to tell me to leave, huh?"

"They don't want you here, you have to-"

"H? Is everything okay?" Isabella's sweet voice travels through the apartment from the bathroom, much more clear now.

Christian's whole demeanor changes. For a second he may have believed that I was with Kat, maybe wanting to believe it for his own sanity. But there's no denying it's Isabella that's here.

"Yeah, stay over there." I glare at Christian who is giving me a similar look.

"What the fuck are you doing with her? Who gave you the fucking right to screw her?"

My head shakes. "I don't have to answer to you. She's an adult, she made a decision. Leave, now. Before I call the cops."

He looks past me, his eyes narrowing. My heart breaks, knowing what he sees. It hurts even more she says my name, clearly just checking that everything's fine. Maybe if we stayed in that bathroom he would've left and this wouldn't be happening right now.

"Isabella." Her name sounds like poison coming from his mouth. He looks angrier the longer he looks at her, making me nervous.

"Christian..." She sounds terrified. It brings about this wave of guilt because I know I'm the reason she's so scared. She knows how much Christian detests me, and now here I am standing in front of him in just a towel.

I do my best to step in front of Chris as he steps forward, trying to enter the apartment. "You need to go, now." I'm firm in my words, even as he looks at me in total anger. But before he could speak, Isabella approaches.