Thirty Seven

Harry

I've never loved Italy more.

The villa was my first vacation property. Growing up, I always held fond memories of our family vacations to Italy, so when I was able to buy another property, I immediately thought of Italy.

Since then I've invested in properties all around the globe. Los Angeles, Miami, Paris, Tokyo, Sydney. My real estate portfolio is huge and ever expanding. I love to travel and fall in love with cities so easily. But the villa will always be my ultimate favorite. Especially after this trip.

The last week has been perfect. Relaxing in the villa, celebrating Christmas. When we arrived we put up a makeshift Christmas tree, decorating it with homemade ornaments. I brought a bunch of presents from home, mostly for Ottie since I always spoil her on Christmas but there were a few in there for Isabella and even Rory. To my surprise, I ended up opening quite a few presents this year. I guess Isabella and Ottie found time to go shopping while we were here.

Isabella was so joyful that day. The smile on her face never faded, not even when she fell asleep in my lap on the couch. This must have been the first Christmas in a long time where she smiled.

Something about this trip has just been perfect. Maybe it's because Ottie's bigger now and more excited to be in this house. Maybe it's because I'm getting to see Italy through Isabella's eyes since she's never been to the country before. Whatever it is, I like it. I never want to leave.

The patio door opens. I turn my head toward the noise, smiling when I see Isabella join me outside. She looks heavenly as always. Her skin slightly tan, her nose and cheeks slightly burnt. Her dress hugs her body so perfectly, even under the sweater she's thrown on. She plops down on the lounge chair next to me with a happy sigh.

"She's back asleep." She informs me, resting her cheek against the chair as she looks over at me.

"Thank you. And I'm sorry she made you go back in-"

"Harry, come on. You know I don't mind. She just needed some extra cuddles." She cuts me off, her smile radiant in the glow of the soft lights decorating the patio. It's late, but we've found ourselves sitting and talking out here for hours the last few days.

"Still, thank you." I can't thank her enough for even being here.

She hums softly. "She has the cutest little pout when she sleeps. And it was so adorable how she only falls asleep playing with my hair."

I smile, "She's been like that since the day she was born. That pout melted my heart from the first second." I pull my phone out of my pocket, starting a small search for a picture of Ottie when she was little to prove that she hasn't changed. Once I find a good one, I turn my phone over to face her, smiling at her reaction.

"Oh, she is so precious!" She looks at me as I put my phone back down. "I love when babies have a cute little special thing."

My arms cross over my chest casually with a dimpled smile. "Do you think you'd ever do it?"

She has a shy smile at my question. "I don't know. I love kids, obviously, I mean I teach kids. But I don't know, I probably shouldn't..."

My brows furrow. "I mean, you don't have to have kids, it's your body."

"I think it's just complicated. With my addiction stuff and all my other shit, I think it's just best I don't partake in having children."

"I get it. But you know, I think you'd be a really amazing mum. You're the most amazing woman I know." 

The conversation seems to end there, silence slowly setting in. I lean forward for a second, placing a soft peck on her nose with a smile. She scrunches it with a giggle, reaching forward to cup my cheek.