Twenty Eight

Harry

The thing I love most about this little apartment is how easy the clean up is. It probably helps that there isn't a little one running around making messes with her toys and food. It's honestly refreshing to have only a few dishes to clean.

Isabella requested a shower before we got to business, which I definitely respect. She said I was more than welcome to join her once I was done tidying up after dinner, and as tempting as the offer is, it's probably better we save water. Plus I don't want the bed to get all wet after.

I find myself smiling as I shut the tap off, thinking back on how nice today was. Getting to spend the morning with my daughter and spending the night with Isabella. I didn't expect to like painting pottery so much. I just hope she enjoys the mug I made her. Maybe she could keep it here or something. Whatever she wants to do with it.

Honestly, getting to do something so mundane with her was refreshing, especially since all anyone wants to talk about with me is my billionaire status. It was nice getting to pretend to be a nobody for a little bit. Just a normal guy who paints pottery and goes back home to cook dinner. I'm really planning on using this time off to get my mind off the news surrounding Sapphire.

Her light humming sounds through the small space along with the sound of the shower. It's beautiful. She's beautiful.

Unbuttoning my shirt, I slide it off my shoulders and hang it on the back of an island chair along with my tie. Untucking my undershirt, I scan around the area, smiling more at how lived in it looks. Isabella left her touch around all the little corners of the apartment. I never expected this place to feel so warm.

I should spend more time here. It's quiet, the perfect place to think or read a book. To practice making new dishes or even to just take a nap. Sometimes I think I just need to lay down and stare at the ceiling for a while. I think some people call that disassociating.

As Isabella wraps up in the shower, I head into the bedroom, turning on a lamp. Clearly she's been spending a lot of time here lately, and I don't blame her. The apartment is a lot closer to the dance studio and by the way her dance bag sits in the corner of the room, I can tell that she enjoys that.

Still humming, she walks in with a towel wrapped around her body and her hair still dry and up in a bun. Leaning back on my hands as I sit on the bed, I take in the sight with a smirk. "All this just for me?" I tease, pulling her close while she giggles.

"Cut it out. I forgot to grab pajamas." She smiles, trying to wiggle her way out of my grasp while keeping her towel up.

"What's the use? It'll just come off anyways. Saves us a few steps." My lips trail up her shoulders, leaving greedy kisses.

"You need to work for it." She slaps my hands away as they slip under her towel to grab her ass.

"I need you, baby. It's been too long." I mumble, groaning with a playful glare as she finally slips from my hold.

"Wait."

I lay back on the bed with a groan, finally finding time to stare at the ceiling while I wait for her to return. I don't sit up again until I hear her footsteps make their way back to the bedroom. I can't help but smile when I see her in one of my sleep shirts. It's big on her, brushing against her soft thighs so perfectly. Once she's close enough, my hands are on her hips drawing her in again.

"Finally."

Her hands tangle in my hair as I waste no time letting my lips attack her neck again. "I should probably warn you-"

"Uh huh..." I mumble against her skin.

"It's been a week since I last went to... you know..."

"What?"