Thirty Five

Isabella

Stepping off the elevator into Harry's apartment, I can't help but glance back and make sure he's following. Of course he is. He bends down to let Rory off her leash, letting her explore the apartment.

His lip stopped bleeding, so did his nose. He didn't want me to fuss over him, but I was just trying to be helpful. It's my fault he even got hurt, if it wasn't for me Chris wouldn't hate him.

Harry wanted to go to his place to be safe. He didn't want to risk Christian coming back and trying to start shit again. We brought the food from my place, even though I'm not that hungry anymore. Even the thought of eating right now makes me feel a bit sick.

"Go sit down, I'll put this away and bring you some water." He kisses my head as I nod, and he walks further into the house toward the kitchen. I guess he's not hungry either.

Sitting down on his couch, I pull my knees up to my chest. Harry put his sweatshirt back on before we left since he didn't have any other clothes, even though he tried to offer it to me. I just threw on the first shirt and sweatpants I could find, not caring anymore.

Resting my chin on my knees, I stare forward into space, not quite sure what emotions I'm feeling. I think it's mostly shame. Harry was never supposed to see anything like that.

A blanket is wrapped around my shoulders and a kiss is placed on the back of my head. I don't look back, just knowing it's Harry. Who else would it be at this time?

When he comes around the couch, he sits right next to me. I let him pull me into his side, resting my head against his chest as I hold the blanket right around my body. Rory comes up to sit with us on the couch.

"Melissa is asleep in the guest room. I don't want to wake her." He mumbles, resting his cheek against my head.

"Okay." I whisper back, just trying to get my mind off what happened in the apartment. I know Harry though. He's gonna want to talk about it. He's not just gonna move on from Chris hurting me.

We're quiet for a moment, not really knowing what to say to each other. Finally he breaks it. "Are you sure you don't want medical attention? Someone can come here, it could be off the record. Just to make sure you're okay."

"Harry, I'm fine. I told you, I don't want to see a doctor,"

"They won't ask you what happened..."

"Harry, they don't have to. I just don't want to see a doctor. Please..."

"Okay." He sighs, kissing the top of my head again. "Has he done this to you since we've been seeing each other? Since you left the club?"

I shake my head, picking at the fuzz on the blanket. "No. I hadn't even seen him since I quit the club before today."

"And the texting?"

"He started messaging me a few weeks ago... The beginning of the month. I ignored him for as long as I could before I just told him to stop contacting me and leave me alone. I hadn't heard from him in a week so I thought it was over..."

"Did anyone know? Kat? Anyone?"

I shake my head, "No. I just didn't want to worry anyone."

"You should've told me baby... I would've helped you. The second you told me he was trying to come back into your life I would've put a stop to it."

"H, I've known him for so long. I just figured it would go away. I didn't want anyone to know and then start freaking out and monitoring me-"

"We only are trying to look out for you Isabella. We care about you and don't want anything bad to happen to you. If something would've happened in that room and I was on the other side of the door... I'd never forgive myself."