Ten

Isabella

I have to admit, I was surprised to see Harry sitting right at the stage earlier tonight. After his apology for showing up accidentally, I didn't expect him to come right back and make his presence very well known.

Seeing him sitting in that chair drove me insane. He's a hot man, I will admit that as many times as I need to, and knowing he's kind and a good father makes him even hotter. He's just so effortlessly sexy, which drives me crazy. Naturally I'm going to take advantage of my job and mess with him, especially now that he's admitted to flirting.

But the icing on the cake for tonight was definitely him standing up for me. I never would've imagined that he would nearly get in a fist fight for me. Chris definitely wasn't expecting it either and he spent the rest of the night in his office tending to his bruised ego. He barely even acknowledged the other girls when they went to his office at the end of the night to tip out.

I've been dreading going into his office. Brynn offered to go in with me just to make sure he didn't do anything, but I know when he's pissed like this he won't care that she's in there.

My only regret for the night is that I didn't thank Harry. He really didn't have to do all that to stand up for me, but I appreciate that he did. Nobody has ever gone after Chris like that in defense of me before.

With my cash in hand, I take a deep breath and walk over to Chris's office. Brynn follows me, but stays behind when I go in. Once this is done, I'm ready to just book it home and put this night behind me.

He looks at me, clearly still fuming from before. I'm surprised Harry stayed for as long as he did without getting approached to leave.

"Who the fuck is he, Isabella?"

I shrug, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Cut the bullshit! He knew your name, you knew his name. Are you fucking him?"

"Christian, absolutely not! I have a life outside of this club, but I don't even know him like that!" I'm not about to give up the information that I know Harry from the dance studio.

He slams his hand down on the desk, making me jump. "What the fuck are you doing, huh? Trying to make me jealous? Looking for attention?"

My eyes roll at his accusations, "I'm getting really tired of you, Chris. Just take your money so I could leave. I'm tired and want to get home."

Walking closer to his desk, I put his cut down on the desk and cross my arms as he grabs it to count it. "You're short."

"I know how to count. You're just being a dick."

"Watch it before I take it all. You don't deserve shit with the way you're acting."

"That's not how this works, Christian. Goodnight." I turn and walk out of his office, ignoring as he yells at me to come back and not be a bitch. My heart pounds, but I hold myself together, trying to be strong until I'm finally alone. I hate showing how anxious he makes me.

Brynn knows that, which is why when she sees me she doesn't give me a hug or reassure me that I did good. We just pretend nothing happened and walk to the door together to leave.

"Are you good to get home?"

I nod, running a hand through my hair. "Yeah I'll probably just get a cab or something."

"Okay well text me when you get home, alright?"

"Always do- Oh." We stop in our tracks the second we get outside.

Harry looks up from the ground, biting the inside of his cheek as his eyes meet mine. "Hey." His voice is soft and sounds unsure.

"Hey." I bite my lip, looking over at Brynn.