Sixteen

Isabella

Within an hour of me signing the final contract, Harry sent ten thousand dollars to my bank account. I wasn't sure if I should text him to thank him for the money or if that would be weird. I also started to worry that my bank would report me to the IRS or something for such a large sum of money. Do I have to pay taxes on the money I receive from Harry?

Anyways, I did end up texting him to thank him. It felt wrong not to. And yes, it was weird to do that, especially since he replied with a dry ass 'No problem glad it went through.' Then again he's got a kid to worry about and runs a super important company, who cares if his sugar baby got her first payment.

I thought my daddy issues were bad when I got with Chris even though he's like six years older than me. It shouldn't be a shocker that my next relationship is with a man twelve years older. Maybe after Harry I'll go for someone twenty four years older, keep the trend going.

Who doesn't like making jokes about their trauma?

Kat still doesn't know about the arrangement, let alone that I have ten thousand dollars hanging out in my bank account right now. I know I promised Harry I wouldn't tell anyone about what we're doing, but at the same time I have to tell Kat something.

We live together, she's gonna know something's up eventually. More than likely when I come up with my cut of the rent with no problem in the world even though I'm only working at the dance studio. Or when I go out with Harry to fulfill my end of the deal. Tonight.

I'll admit, I was surprised that he called. Even more surprised that he asked me to dinner. I was tempted to say no and remind him that we agreed that this arrangement isn't about dating. He was one step ahead of me, defending himself by claiming we needed to meet to talk about upcoming events.

He also reminded me that he doesn't do booty calls.

Look, when I was working at Afterlife, I would wax regularly. For the last seven years it's been super smooth down there, but since I stopped working there I haven't gone back to get waxed. Not until today. And man did I forget how badly that shit hurt, but I wasn't gonna go all 70's to have sex with Harry for the first time. I'm not sure if he's a full bush kinda guy.

In addition to a bikini wax, I also shaved my legs and underarms, got a manicure, and bought a new lingerie set. I even went into a fancy boutique store to get it, one where a bra is like way too much money and probably super uncomfortable but so delicate and beautiful. My first splurge purchase now that I've come into a nice little fortune. I've only ever bought cheap lingerie for the club.

Man could I go for a drink right now. The closer it gets to dinner, the more my nerves set in. I could barely look at the man when he dropped Ottie off for tap class the other day, now I'm supposed to sleep with him? And to top it all off, I get to see him again tomorrow afternoon at the studio again. Maybe I got in a little over my head with all this.

But then again, my curiosity is stronger than my anxiety.

As I look into the mirror considering my fifth choice of outfit, my bedroom door opens. It startled me at first since I thought I was home alone, but with my music blasting I guess I missed Kat coming home. So once the initial shock passes, I turn to her with a sigh.

"Is this good for dinner?"

Her eyes dart around the room before landing on me and taking in my outfit. "I mean, yeah... I didn't know we were going out to dinner though?"

"Actually, I made plans with Brynn. We're gonna catch up before she goes in for her shift at the club." It's a horrible lie, especially since I've gotten all dressed up and did my makeup but Harry and I agreed not to tell people. And I certainly don't want her to think we're dating.