Eleven

Isabella

My night was spent tossing and turning, unable to actually sleep without abruptly waking up every twenty minutes in a cold sweat. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but it's not every day that I'm plagued with sex dreams involving a certain older man.

They were definitely brought on by the whole sugar daddy offer, which already was enough to keep me up at night. I'm still not sure how I feel about it, or how I'll react to him when he drops Ottilie off at dance on Wednesday. All I know is that it will definitely be awkward for a while for the both of us.

Even though I got home closer to five in the morning and into bed closer to six, by ten in the morning I gave up on the idea of sleep and just got up. Coffee and Red Bull will get me through the day if necessary but sleep seems useless at this point.

Kat is surprised to see me enter the kitchen since I usually sleep in as long as possible on days when I don't teach. Sometimes she doesn't see me until it's dark out and dinner's on the stove. So to be up before noon is a shock.

"Morning." I mumble, knowing I must look like shit. The only thing on my mind right now is making some coffee.

"Did you even sleep last night?" Damn, I guess I really look like shit.

My head shakes as I lean against the counter, squeezing the bridge of my nose with a sigh. "No. I had a long fucking night."

"I feel a story coming on. Christian again?" She settles into an island stool, holding her own mug of coffee in her hands.

"Believe it or not, he was the least of my problems last night. Doesn't mean he wasn't a prick." My head shakes with a sigh. "No, Ottilie's dad. He showed up again."

Her eyes widen. "What? He went back? But you said he apologized to you for going by mistake!"

"He did. But I guess when he went to the club the first time he met Chris and was told that we were together so then he came to apologize to me for flirting because he didn't know I was single but then I told him I was single. So he decided to march back into Afterlife to put Christian in his place, but not before watching my entire performance and giving me a hundred dollars for it." Whenever I'm tired, I get irritable and tend to ramble. Especially since I got sober. No more uppers for me.

Kat takes all of that information in as it comes, following along pretty well with the correct facial expressions and everything. "What did he say to Christian? I think I'm liking this guy more and more every day!"

"I don't know, I got there once Chris was already ready to kick him out. Then I got there and he asked how much was a VIP room with me because I'm single and not to anyone's surprise, Christian got mad at me. But Harry like stood up for me and got Chris to let go of me and back off for the rest of the night. I don't know what he said to Chris after I left but he didn't even leave his office."

I continue to give her the rundown of the rest of the night. How he stayed almost until closing watching me the entire time. How I stood up for myself against Chris when I was tipping out before I left. How Harry walked me home and we talked. But at the end of my story, I find myself leaving out his proposition.

"So how did you leave things with Harry?" She asks as I take a long sip from my coffee. Just the smell alone is waking me up already.

"I don't know, I think we left things fine. It's just a weird situation in general, like, I'm his daughter's teacher and I have to deal with him. He made it pretty clear last night that his feelings, whatever they are, are still there and maybe if he was just some guy who I only knew from the club I would be more comfortable going for it. But he's not and it's just not a good idea."