Two

Harry

Moving to New York seemed like a good idea. That was before I actually moved back to New York, that is.

Of course, I love the city and how fast paced everything is. I wouldn't own an apartment here if I didn't like it, hell I wouldn't have even considered moving back if I hated it here. The reason I find myself questioning my own judgment is work.

The past two and a half years, Ottilie and I have been living in England. After everything that happened with Adriana, I wanted to be near family for a bit. Ottie needed family in her life more than ever and I needed the help with her. She wasn't even a year old yet and it was so hard raising her on my own.

Honestly, I had every intention of staying in England, away from all the drama that had occurred between Adriana and I. The company had been left in capable hands and I just wanted to give my daughter the best childhood imaginable. I was even looking to buy us a new home closer to where my mum lived. But a new opportunity opened up in New York and it became abundantly clear that I needed to go back at least for a little bit.

Thankfully Ottie isn't in school yet. I would hate to have pulled her out of school. If that had been the case I much rather would have let the deal fall through, but since she's still so little I really had no excuse. However since coming back, I wish I would've let this opportunity go.

It's not about the money for me, I have more than I could ever need in a thousand lifetimes. Even Ottie is pretty set for her future seeing that everything I have will go to her one day. I'm just proud of what I've built and I don't want to rest on my laurels. There is always room to expand and improve.

When I was fresh out of university, I put all my money into starting this company. Sapphire Entertainment Group has since become one of the largest parent companies in the live music space and one of the most respected. Up until Ottilie was born, it was the thing I was most proud of in life.

In the last fourteen years I've built up this company to a place where I felt comfortable taking a step back so I could be a good father. However, now that there is an opportunity to merge with another big parent company, I would like to be the one to oversee the deal. Not that I don't trust the rest of the team, I just like being involved in these big decisions.

This merger would be huge news for the company. We would essentially be expanding internationally, something I always dreamed we would have the chance to do.

Of course I'm thrilled to be starting the process of drafting contracts and negotiating deals, note the sarcasm. After almost three years of taking a step back, it's been hard getting back into the swing of things. I'm just hopeful that work gets easier soon. Finding a balance between being there for Ottie and being at work hasn't been easy, but she will always be my top priority.

Since she's not in school yet, I had to cave and get a nanny. The last thing I wanted to do was admit that I needed help, but Ottie can't come to work with me and she can't stay at home by herself. After Adriana left, I wanted to prove to everyone that I can raise her myself and that I wasn't going to be one of those rich guys who tossed their kids to someone else. I want Ottie to know that she could always come to me for absolutely anything.

So far I've really liked the nanny though. She's an older, sweet woman who had glowing recommendations and many years of experience. Ottie took to her so quickly and loves spending time with Melissa. She's even been teaching Ottie Italian which is such a bonus. If my mom couldn't be the one helping out with her, I'm glad that it's Melissa.

My door opens and Tia, my secretary, peeks her head in. "Hey Mr. Styles, I'm about to go run and grab some coffee, did you need anything?"

Glancing down at my watch, I take note of the time. 2:08pm. "No thanks, I have to get going in a few. Ottilie has dance class today. When you get back, if you could just forward my calls to my cell that would be great."