Forty

Isabella

Harry has been pretty quiet again, but still reassuring me that he's figuring out the divorce stuff. Ottie missed class this week, surely because her life was just flipped upside down. It's probably for the better since that means there was less of a chance I ran into Adriana again.

I can't lie, I've been spending my nights endlessly scrolling through Google trying to read any article I can about Adriana. I want to hate her, but it's so fucking hard. She does all this charity work and donates all this money. Sure that was before she suddenly left, but it still speaks to her character.

They were pictured together yesterday. They took Ottie to the park. Just the sight of the three of them together made me feel sick, but I had to remind myself that he was getting a divorce. Still, it hurt when the story hit the media that Harry was seen with his wife.

Kat told me that the cameras were pretty much parked outside of our apartment waiting for me to come out. Now instead of being Harry's new mystery girl, I'm the dirty mistress. It's like everyone turned on me overnight and I have no idea how to fix it. Brynn's been working overtime keeping Chris away from the news, and she claims she's been successful so far.

A part of me gets the media circus. I mean, Harry and Adriana weren't seen together for years and now they're back as if nothing happened. Only something did happen. Harry met me and introduced me to his world. It's a classic tale of a rich man trying to have it all. The money, the family, the hot girlfriend. My entire reputation is pretty much riding on this divorce, and even then I'll just be called a homewrecker.

Harry's birthday is in two weeks. We were planning on going up to the country club for the weekend. We were gonna teach Ottilie how to golf and just enjoy a quiet weekend together. I wanted to decorate the apartment just like he did for me. I even wanted to make him a cake with Ottie. None of that is gonna happen now, not unless he can get a divorce that quickly.

He told me about the issues they were running into. Apparently our relationship didn't help his case with the prenup. Since he was so publicly in what looked like a relationship with me, Harry's lawyers have been trying to come up with excuses as to why we were together. He assured me they wouldn't say it was a sex arrangement though. The last thing I need is for the entire world to know that I'm technically a sex worker.

All of this is coming back to bite me in the ass. Maybe I should've just stayed Jezebel. Maybe this was all just a big dumb mistake and Christian was right. Now instead of being able to keep my work separate from my personal life, I'm at risk of being exposed as a glorified prostitute.

As midnight approaches, I find myself scrolling through the pictures on my phone from the last few months. Happier times when Adriana wasn't even a thought in my mind. Back when it was just Harry and I. A part of me wishes I was more honest with him, especially about how I felt.

I miss you Bellie

I want to see you

Come over

The second Harry's name pops up on my screen I feel calm again. Knowing that he wants to see me just eases whatever panic that was starting to bubble up. It doesn't take too long for me to put on a sweater over my sleep shirt and throw on some sweatpants, just wanting to get there quicker so I can be in his arms.

I slip out of the apartment as quietly as possible so that Rory doesn't start barking before making my way down the stairs. Instead of risking taking the subway this late at night, I opt to order an Uber to his place while I'm on my way downstairs. It's safer and I'll get to his place faster. Once it pulls up to the curb in front of our building, I rush out of the apartment with my hood up and my head down to avoid the few cameras outside and get in.