Seventeen

Isabella

"Ottilie is sleeping over at her nanny's tonight," Harry explains in the elevator up to his apartment. "Her first sleepover since we came back to New York."

"Oh. That's good." I pick at the skin on my thumb anxiously, knowing what's to come.

Dinner went well. The food was excellent and Harry was insistent about ordering dessert. He paid the bill without letting me see it, which is probably for the better. And as dinner came to an end, we both knew what was to come.

He held my knee the entire car ride back to his place, letting his thumb brush against it over my skirt. He only moved it once, lifting his hand up to tuck my hair behind my ear ever so delicately. As we spoke, his eyes kept drifting from mine to my lips, lust filling them the closer we got.

I've never been doted on in this way before. I knew when I was given flowers that there would be a big expectation of me to show my gratitude. As the night progressed, the more the pressure built up. I have to give my best performance tonight, but first I have to get past this mental block I'm facing.

Of course I want to do this with Harry. I want to show him how thankful I am that he's taken me under his wing and given me this chance. This is just so new to me and it's normal to be nervous when doing something new. The first half of the night was about me. Now it's time for his side of the deal.

The elevator doors open up to reveal his apartment and I'm awestruck right away. I should have expected something extravagant when I saw him press the button for the top floor, but this is beyond anything I could've imagined. It just screams luxury while also looking extremely home-y.

We step off the elevator and Harry places a hand on my back. "Make yourself comfortable. Would you like any water or anything?"

"No, thank you." I watch as he walks further into the space, toward the massive kitchen. My kitchen is barely big enough for Kat and I to stand in there together. His is like the size of our entire apartment.

While he's in the kitchen, I slip out of my shoes and take off my jacket, placing it carefully on a chair in the living room. It's so plush and soft and probably worth more than me.

Before I could hyperfixate on the soft chair, the view steals my attention away. With wide eyes I approach the large windows and look out at the expansive view of Central Park. I could only imagine how breathtaking it is in the daylight.

As I take in the view, I hear his footsteps approach. I pretend I don't notice, even as I realize how close he is. I just look out the window, waiting to see what happens next.

I can feel his presence behind me, feeling so giant even in this huge apartment. "What do you think?"

"It's amazing. You're so lucky."

"I am." He steps forward and I can feel his front press against me. His hands gently place on my hips as I lean into his touch. With his lips against my ear, he whispers. "What is the safe word?"

My heart races even more. "Armadillo."

He traces the tip of his nose along the curve of my ear. "Good girl." The rasp in his voice combined with his accent is so sexy I can barely comprehend his words.

A single finger drags against the skin of my neck before moving my hair to one side, sending chills down my back. Soon after, his lips follow that line. Slow and sensual. My eyes flutter shut at the feeling and my head tilts to give him more room as my hand comes up to delicately hold his face.

Turning in his hold, I look up into his eyes. They're trained on my lips. My hand slowly travels from his cheek down his neck and exposed chest. He draws me in closer as I begin to unbutton the rest of his shirt, squeezing my ass once before his lips find a spot behind my ear.