Thirty Six

Isabella

Harry told me that Ottilie was shocked to see a dog in the house when she woke up. I was already hard at work at the studio when she woke up, but I wish I had gotten to see her reaction. She's told me on numerous occasions that she wants her own puppy, so I know her face had to have been priceless. I almost feel bad that Harry had to tell her he was dog sitting Rory for me while I worked.

Thankfully, I picked the best dog sitters in the game. The second Ottie arrived at her ballet class, she gave me a full report on everything Rory did today, all from going on a walk through Central Park, to her peeing on Harry's very fancy living room rug. He apparently wasn't too thrilled that Rory did that, but as Ottie pointed out, she's just a puppy.

Taking a quick look through the window to where the parents are all waiting, I catch sight of Harry talking to Angela while holding her baby. He looks so happy with the small infant in his arms, taking time to look down at her with a smile. I've never seen someone look so comfortable with a baby.

Our dance class today ended with a little Christmas party since the studio is gonna be closed for the holidays. I'm really glad today was just all Christmas parties and not much dancing. It gave me an excuse to wear a turtleneck to hide the bruising around my neck. I even sent a text to my older girls to take the day off, which meant this baby ballet class was my last group for the day.

Sitting on the floor, I can't help but smile as I watch all the kids play freeze dance. Every so often I'll pause the music and they'll all stop, giggling as they wait for me to start it again. After some cupcakes and candy, these kids are wired and I'm definitely ready for their parents to take control again.

Since I had the budget this year, I decided to get the kids little goodie bags. I guess having thousands of dollars in your bank account helps when it comes to things like that. They're just little holiday themed stickers, playdoh, and chocolates. Three year olds love stickers. I'm just glad I dropped them off yesterday before all that shit went down last night or else I definitely would have forgotten them.

I like being able to do things for the kids. I like making cupcakes and cookies for them and planning out special games. Anything to make them smile and be happy. I want them to know that this studio is a safe place for them and that I will always be there to help.

Ottie and Zara requested to be my helpers today, which is a pretty coveted role in baby ballet. The two little girls have been like little ducklings all class with the way they've been following me. It's pretty adorable.

They dance next to me, holding hands as they spin in circles with the silliest little giggles. Every kid in the room is happy and radiating a kind of joy that I needed. The joy only children know. It's almost healing to be able to immerse myself into a child's mind for a little bit. To view the world from their innocent eyes after the night I had.

Freeze dance ends when all the kids are being too silly to even stop. It makes me smile and laugh when one of them purposely moves when the music is off. Thankfully they aren't too silly to sit in a little circle so we can say goodbye for the day.

I smile when Tyler comes and sits right in my lap, having snuck an extra cookie from the table with the help of Ariana, my assistant for the day. "Alright guys, how was class today?"

They all say some sort of version of "fun" and quiet down when I put my finger over my lips. I smile at them. "I'm so glad! Now, next week we don't have class, and the same goes for the week after that. The next time I see you guys will be in January, alright? Does anyone remember why?"

"Because Christmas!" Tyler exclaims, holding up his arms in excitement.

"That's right, Ty! We have time off for the holidays, which means you guys get to spend time with your mommies and daddies! Now, before you guys leave, make sure you get in your line because I have a surprise, okay?"