Twenty Seven

Isabella

In an attempt to not have to dress up all fancy for once in the presence of Harry, I tried to suggest going to this really casual place for dinner and a show. The diner in Times Square where the waiters all sing broadway songs and dance on the table seemed like the perfect place to escape real conversation.

Harry shot that idea down pretty quickly, citing that he already was planning on making me dinner at the apartment. Something to fall back on if I decided that I didn't want to pick where we would go out. He also said he's allergic to tourists, which I should point out is my line when I try to make excuses about why I hate Midtown.

After extensively googling what people do when they're not going to dinner together, I settled on painting ceramics. It was casual enough where I didn't have to buy a whole new wardrobe just to see him, and it requires little to no talking. Whenever Kat and I go to Color Me Mine we barely say two words to each other. Harry is none the wiser either. He just thinks it'll be fun to try out something new.

In a surprising twist of events, I got to the place first. It probably helps that the store is downtown. Waiting outside, I check the time again, hoping that I didn't get it wrong. Whenever I'm early I get nervous that it's either the wrong day or that I just missed something entirely.

I know that I'm in the clear when a familiar black car rounds the corner and pulls up to the curb. Harry even looks surprised when he gets out of the car and sees me waiting outside. His brows raise as he fixes his coat. Someone didn't get the dress down memo.

"Do my eyes deceive me?"

"Unfortunately not. I was in the area, needed to make a return so I guess that helped me get here on time." I smile softly when he comes to greet me, kissing my cheek with a hand on my waist.

"I'm impressed. Whatever the reason, I think being on time deserves a reward." He turns to wave back at Cole to let him know he can leave for now before facing me again.

"I always deserve a reward." I smirk, letting him lead the way inside.

Once we're inside and the employees tell us how Color Me Mine works, a speech I've heard far too many times in my life, we're left to our own devices to pick out what we should paint. As always, I gravitate toward household items like dishes and mugs and vases. Most of the dishes in Kat and I's apartment are one of a kind, Color Me Mine masterpieces.

Harry looks lost as he looks at all the options. I'll admit, there are a lot. Especially since the Christmas items seem to be options. I guess that makes sense since it's like two weeks away.

He walks over with a slight pout, "I didn't expect there to be so much decision making when it came to this activity."

I can't help but laugh. "It's fun. Just let your creativity run wild"

Then again, this man is a creature of habit. He loves routine and sticking to a set way of doing things. I'm not too sure creativity is his specialty. Did I finally find the one thing he's bad at? Did I crack Harry Styles?

"What are you thinking of doing?" He asks, peering over my shoulder with a curious look in his eyes.

"Probably a plate. I love painting plates." I purse my lips as I decide which plate I want to work on.

"How about this?" He asks, getting my attention. "Let's make each other something. Keep it interesting."

A small smile tugs at the corner of my lip, "Is this your way of getting out of making yourself something?" I tease, earning a smirk in response.

"Perhaps. But seriously, I think it would be fun! What do you say?"

With an exaggerated sigh, I nod. "Alright. But I'm still painting a plate."