Disoriented

Draco's POV

We each need to make peace with our own memories. We have all done things that make us flinch. ~Surya Das

" Mate.." Blaise hissed yet again. Holy mother of merlin, what the hell was wrong with this world? Couldn't I just have a break? I'd been trying to ignore Blaise's continuous attempts at small talk for the past half an hour. But nothing could deter him from his irritating mission to get him to say something- so finally relenting, with an internal sigh, I inclined my head in his direction to let him know I was listening- or atleast pretending to.

" Granger's been gawking at you for the past five minutes," I could almost hear the amusement dripping in his voice. And I didn't even have to look up to realize that he was sneering. Hearing that was definitely a fuel to my internal fire. With a startled jolt, I sat up straight and consequently locked eyes with none other than the Gryffindor Prissy.

Whether it was the smoke from all the cauldrons or some unseen forces- I'd never know, but the moment my grey eyes locked with her brown orbs, it felt like I'd been thrown down a swirling ocean of emotions- face first. I could tell that she was just as stunned as I felt inside.

She suddenly turned away and made her way towards the two buffoons she called friends. I could tell from her stance that she was still startled. It had been only a mere two second contact, but I was afraid alot had been given away in that little time. And it felt longer than it was too. Strange.

Sighing quietly yet again, I went back to sulking in my seat like before. It was a strange moment, sure. But not of importance as to waste my time on it.

The rest of the lesson went by and then it was time to head for the next lesson. Professor Flitwick greeted us at the entrance of the class and ushered us inside, squeaking like an excited little dwarf he was. I snorted imagining him in a ballerina outfit. Hilarious indeed.

Tuning out everyone was easy. Since younger years, I'd learned alot of things; one of which was the art of blocking out all the unnecessary and unpleasant things. It was simple really, there was always so many things on my mind that it wasn't difficult to get spaced out when needed. The only difference was, that it came as a bother when Father was alive, since I was expected to keep my head at all times but now, seeing as no one was very eager to have my attention, it was almost welcoming.

The bell rang once again signalling the end of class. I stayed behind as everyone rushed out towards the Great Hall and then slowly walked out. Trudging past suits of armors absently, I made my way to the Entrance Hall but instead of going into the crowded hall, I turned towards the dungeons and slowly crept down the stairs. I wasn't hungry.

Well that was a lie. I was hungry, I thought as my stomach growled disapprovingly. The real reason was that I wasn't in the mood for unpleasant tongue lashing and quarrels. Thank you very much.

I slowly made my way to my dorm and lay down, closing the Slytherin green curtains of my four-poster to block out the sun light. The day was only half way over and I already felt tired. Having had no sleep the night prior also had me feeling cranky and out of sorts.

Closing my eyes for a brief moment, I let myself get consumed by all the hazy thoughts and memories.

The hallway was dark. The soft buzzing of the numerous portraits on the walls and the gushing wind was the only noise that could be heard in the whole manor. I stood silently, in the shadows, my breathe held cautiously. It was a dangerous decision that I'd made. A life threatening, touch and go verdict that could possibly mean the end of him. His family and all that was dear to him. But he had to do it. One way or another. I was stuck. It was either do or die. And i'd obviously choose life over death, no matter the stakes.

Taking in a deep breathe, I started tip toeing down the hallway, past the portraits and the huge windows towards the very end. I stopped short in front of a partially opened door. I could hear the soft whispering of the people inside. And there was a vague whimpering sound too. Gulping down the fear that was clogging my throat, I crossed the threshold and entered. Instantly, the chatter died down as the two figures turned towards me. Voldemort and Bellatrix Lestrange.

" Come.. my boy.." The despicable man in front of me rasped. I felt the hair on my neck stand up and goose flesh to appear on my skin but I had to act as calm as I possibly could.

" Master, I knew he'd accept." My crazy aunt whispered excitedly. The Dark Lord raised his hand to silence her and motioned for me to take a seat in front of him. His pale white skin seemed to glow in the flickering fire from the fireplace and his red eyes had this dangerous gleam which could keep a man like Lucius on edge too. I sat down cautiously, never taking my eyes off him. I could feel his presence in my mind, trying to skim through my thoughts, but I had my guards up.

" So young Malfoy, What have you decided?" He began, smiling eerily.

I was in a dilemma. I knew this was dangerous than it appeared to be, but at this point now, I couldn't retreat. I was in deep shit and I knew it. The only safe way out was to play along.

" I'll do it." I stated curtly. Aunt Bella squealed in delight and I heard a weak cheer coming from the whimpering snout, Wormtail. Voldemort's face twisted into a horrible farce of a smile but then suddenly, there was a flash and I was lying on the ground writhing as severe pain bolted through my veins.

I woke up with a start. Where was I? I sat up in my four-poster, trying to reacquaint with my surroundings. Slowly, comprehension dawned on me. It was just a bad memory. A nightmare. Wiping off the sweat on my forehead and I fumbled through my pants and took out the gold wrist watch that I'd taken off during Potions. It was five minutes past Two. Everyone must be in the Greenhouse right now. Getting off the bed, I decided to skip the lesson and go for a walk instead.

A/N : HELLO DEAR READERS! Hope you're liking the story so far! Let me know by commenting and favouriting. I would love to hear from you all. Until the next time xx