Unknown

Hermione's POV

We try so hard to hide everything we're really feeling from those who probably need to know our true feelings the most. People try to bottle up their emotions, as if it's somehow wrong to have natural reactions to life.
- Colleen Hoover

In all my years at Hogwarts, there was rarely a moment when I didn't talk to Harry deliberately. Even during the triwizard tournament, I had only kept my distance for Ron's sake. So that he won't feel abandoned, like he already felt at that time.

But this, whatever was happening- it was taking a toll on me. I missed my best friends, both of them. I missed taking classes with them, eating lunch, spending time in the common room, even if it meant just sitting silently whilst staring at the walls. We had been through so much together. And it hurt to see us fall apart due to the most unexpected things.

I woke up with a start, throwing off the woollen duvet off me. Rubbing my eyes, I sat up and realised I had fallen asleep in the room of requirement, again. I sighed. It seemed like a usual thing now. I spent more time in this room than anywhere else in the castle.

Desperately in need of a shower, I quickly collected my things and made my way out of the room, making sure to give a firm flick of my wand, clearing up the messy table. By the time I made it into the Great Hall, fully dressed and feeling much more fresh and awake, a lot of people had already left for the game. I grabbed a toast and buttered it, thoughts of Ron wolfing down his breakfast every morning running through my head. I smiled.

I glanced around to look for Draco but he had left already. I was a little disappointed that Harry had not stayed behind to wait for me. Shaking my head to get my mind to stop coming up with more reasons to feel bad than I already felt, I decided to head out.

Halfway across the hall, a thought crossed my mind; Narcissa's package was coming in the mail today. And by the looks of it, mail had already been delivered, which meant I'd have to go to the Owlery to fetch my parcel.

"Where is Draco when I need him?" I muttered, not quite feeling like trudging all the way to the Owlery.

I made my way out of the Great Hall at last, resigned to my fate. While walking out to the front yard though, I was stopped by Charlotte.

"Granger!-" she called out, making me halt. I turned around to find her making her way over to me,

"Yes?" I inquired,

She glanced around, before asking in a strained voice, "Have you seen Drake?"

I shook my head, "He probably left for the game with the rest of the students."

She gave me an alarmed look. I noticed her sweaty forehead and fidgeting hands. Something seemed to be off.

"Is everything alright? I can go look for Draco if you want." I offered. She seemed to come out of a trance and shook her head frantically.

"No-No..No.. It's- It's fine. I'll go look for him myself." And with that she took off. I stood in my spot for a long moment, confused by her odd behaviour.

'Why is everyone behaving so oddly lately?' I thought, before continuing on my way to the West Tower.

When I entered the Owlery, I found Krum standing near the high arched window.