Isolated

Draco's POV

In my life, I've had thousands of failures, hundreds of wrong decisions, and countless stupid mistakes. But if given the chance to change it?! I'd rather not...Because somehow, my past made me what I am right now. Not hard as a diamond, but strong enough to win my fight. - Justice Cabral

The evening passed in a blur. I stood by my dormitory window gazing outside. It was nearly midnight. Blaise and Theo had been asleep for awhile now, snoring away the stress of the day. The sky was dark, pitch black canvas littered with stars. The moon peeked from behind a cloud, casting long shadows over the forbidden forest. The stillness of the milieu of Hogwarts Grounds seemed drawn out. For once, the stagnancy of the terrain depicted an undercurrent of life. The silence was a legion of unsaid, unheard thoughts and emotions.

Heaving a deep sigh, I swept my eyes over the far end of the quidditch pitch. From where I stood, the goal hoops looked more like those weird toy hoops I'd once seen a muggle boy blowing bubbles through on a trip to Sweden.

Granger's words had been echoing in my head since I'd left the clearing. It was irritating how I couldn't even have some time off for myself. Not that her words had been all a load of bullocks. The strange curiosity that had arisen when Potter had appeared in front of the Wizengamot, about his reasons behind doing so, had come back full force to nag my conscience. After all, it'd be a shame to feel indebted to Potty.

"...The ministry let your family off just because Harry testified for your Mother's actions. Doesn't mean you aren't being watched..." She'd said. I felt waves of anger rolling off me, but then it was no good wasting my time thinking of everything that comes out of the know-it-all's mouth. Settling back on in my four poster and closing the curtains, with a silencio thrown in for a good measure, I closed my eyes.

"I need to visit my Father, Sir."

Dumbledore stopped writing down on the parchment in front of him and looked up at me, his blue eyes twinkling. It was mid way through March, and it was a pleasant sunny day. During the break I'd gotten the word from Professor Snape that Father wanted to see me. So there I was, standing in the middle of the Head master's office.

" Oh yes! Mr. Malfoy, I do believe I got a letter demanding your urgent attendance at your Father's state in France the other day." He told me vivaciously. His cheeriness was making me sick by the minute. Schooling my features into a blank mask of indifference I nodded along, trying not to sneer at the old lunatic sitting in front of me. And wasting my time it seemed.

"Yes, sir." I confirmed, impatiently. Dumbledore gave me that deep stare, which made me feel like I was being x-rayed.

" Here, I have arranged a Portkey for you, which will take you directly outside the state's perimeters. I couldn't make one to get you inside for obvious security reasons. I'm afraid you'll have to find your way through. Have a good day and say hello to Lucius from me." He handed me a small dagger.

"And also, I prefer, 'crazy old bat', sounds more...concedable if you must." He added with a wink. I stared at him dumbfounded for a moment, and then with a curt nod, I took the dagger from him and within seconds, I felt the unpleasant tugging sensation and found myself outside the gates of the ostentatious manor.

Walking through the safety wards, I made my way towards the manor. As I trudged along, I couldn't help the grim feelings churning in my stomach. I'd been trying to figure out the reason for such an unexpected subpoena. And I knew the reason wasn't at all pleasurable.

" Master Malfoy!" A young elf greeted me in the entry hall and lead me to the grand lounge. I hesitated on the threshold, but quickly over coming the fear, stepped inside and stopped dead in my tracks. It seemed like my worst fear had come to pass.

There in front of my very eyes, sitting like the perfect picture of sophistication was none other than the Dark Lord himself. Father and Aunt Bella, the ever loyal pawns, stood on either side of the High armchair.

" Welcome my dear boy! nous nous réunissons une fois de plus." He hissed in his bellicose tone.

" Je vis pour vous servir mon seigneur." I replied dutifully, bowing down but keeping eye contact with him, like I was s'posed to do. His vile features twisted into a repugnant smile and he slowly rose up from his seat and seemed to glide towards me.

" Come Young Malfoy, the time has finally come for you to prove useful to me. You are a vital part of the big plans I have, and fear not, for the Dark Lord shall reward his most loyal friends, and those who help." Aunt Bella gave a mad cackle in excitement.I cast a sideways glance at Father, hoping to convey the amalgam of fear and confusion coursing through me. Father could stuff the Malfoy code of conduct up his arse for all I cared because at that very moment, it felt like I was deliberately asking for a kiss of death.

" Once I purify our world, and wash away all the filth, which has contaminated our domain and took over our rightful places- we shall prosper and rise to the heights of grandeur and power. And you young Malfoy, can help me reach there. You will do the honors, to extradict the one major hurdle in our way. Albus Dumbledore."

If they knew already, none of the two people other than myself gave any indication of surprise. I couldn't feel my body. It seemed to have forsaken me. Or maybe the shock of hearing such a direct and abominable command had left me staggering. The silence was piercing and all I wanted was to be back in school, safely tucked under my green silk duvet in my dormitory.

Sure, there were no chummy feelings when it came to the old bat, he could stuff himself with dung bombs and do the cha-cha with Peeves for all I cared, but the fact that I was s'posed to not just hurt him, but kill him. Now that was pernicious. In my entire sixteen years of existence, the only thing that I knew for sure was that I couldn't kill someone, hurt them to the extremest that they wish for death-sure, but not kill them.

I was so lost in my internal agitation that I'd almost forgotten that I was still standing in the presence of one of the most vile wizard in the history of vile wizards. The Dark Lord it seemed, was enjoying the pathetic scenario of my qualms, displayed quite vulnerably- to the dismay of Father.

" I expect you have now realized the dire urgency of the matter at hand. I expect immediate course of action. But before you leave, Young Malfoy, remember that the Dark Lord has his ways, and he is watching and if it came down to it, the severest of punishments will be in order. I believe you understand the gravity of my words." His red eyes sparkled with brutal contentment. I was drawn to the depths of the red pupils, which seemed to open like a window...

I stood in the middle of shiny, flowing blood. My hands limp by my side as I watched her scream and writhe in agony. All I could do was stare on, in mute horror as slowly, her struggle to hold on, ceased and then.. a limp body lay in front of me, twisted in weird angles. Bruised and dirty, floating in its own blood.
***********
It was lunch time already. I sat in the extreme corner of the table, alone. If the purplish-blue bags under my eyes were not indication enough for my nightmare induced sleeps, then my rumpled attire and the permanent scowl set on my face sure were. I gazed mournfully at the pudding in front of, not at all hungry.

Maybe someone was noticing after all. I felt someone boring holes in my head, turning to side, I briefly caught Granger looking my way and frowning. I stared at her. Realizing she'd been caught, she averted her gaze quickly, looking baffled for some reason.

I scowled at my plate and gave up trying to eat. Grabbing my bag, I headed to my next class, ahead of everyone.
*******
nous nous réunissons une fois de plus french for we meet again

Je vis pour vous servir mon seigneur french for I live to serve you my lord.

A/N : So here's an update for you lovely people. Hope you're liking the plot so far. There's more to come. Leave me a comment/vote and let me know what you think of the story so far! Plus, I don't know much about French, so if the translation is off, correct me. Until next time!