Nightmare

Draco's POV

"On the death of a friend, we should consider that the fates through confidence have devolved on us the task of a double living, that we have henceforth to fulfill the promise of our friend's life also, in our own, to the world." ― Henry David Thoreau

There was some noise, and it sounded so much like Granger talking, but how the fuck could Granger be in my room right now? But why does she keep getting louder and louder? Damn that incessant chatterbox! I woke up with a headache, which seemed almost as pathetic as I usually did after a night of fire whiskey.

Blinded by the brightness of the morning, although the sun was meek in the otherwise grey sky, I sat up and groaned. But the fucking tapping wouldn't stop. That's when I realized the noise was coming from the window. I quickly fought my way out of the rumpled sheets and clicked open the window to let the annoying bird inside. It was a black scary looking owl, with a crooked face. It kind of reminded me of that horrible Dark Arts professor in our fourth year with that weird eye; Mad Eye Moody.

The little bastard glared at me, probably for keeping it waiting like that. I couldn't help but sneer back, the little piece of shit just about ruined my already miserable morning. I hadn't been able to sleep again, and I had run out of dreamless sleep draught too. Or maybe I was just scared that I might end up getting addicted to the damn potion so I didn't brew a new batch, which I must say, I was pro at doing by now.

The owl hooted once again, and I was brought back to the here and now, I looked down to see the scary thing holding its leg out, to which I could see an officially sealed letter attached quite securely. My stomach churned, as I realized it was a letter from the Ministry, possibly having the details of the Mission-Impossible.

After about five minutes of wrestling with the owl and the stupid string, 'Bloody wankers had tried to secure it a bit too much, the fucking knots wouldn't open!' I finally was able to summon some common sense into my sleepy brain and use my wand to open it, I shooed the owl out of the dorm and sat down on my bed, staring at the envelope with the emerald seal on it.

I was contemplating whether to open the thing, read it, ignore it and then burn it or just ignore it and burn it anyways. That's when an angry Granger happened to cross my mind and that is also when I decided it was better to just frigging go with the flow and let the chips fall where they may. So, after stuffing the letter in the drawer, I quickly headed towards the bathroom to get ready for the day. Even though it was the weekend, but now that I was awake, I knew going back to sleep would be impossible.

By the time I was dressed and ready, it was almost time for breakfast, but I knew from personal experience that everyone would be sleeping in, or just lazying about anyways. I had initially decided to sought out Professor Mcgonagall and ask her to notify Granger and as such, but I realized in time the trouble it would cause me to search up the Old cat all over the castle, so deciding to inform the know-it-all personally would be much less hard work, albeit a bit morosely, I made my way to the Gryffindor Tower to face the music, as they say.

The portrait of the mad lady who looked just about to burst stared at me with beady eyes as I approached for what I knew to be the entrance to the Gryffindor Tower which I had learnt about during the war. Halting in front of the portrait, I pondered over how to get inside, of course.

" What do you want?" the Fat Lady asked, quite rudely- if I might say so myself.

" I have business with Miss Granger," I replied curtly. She almost scared me half to death as she started laughing, then stopped suddenly to give me a stunned and utterly disbelieving look.

" Pardon?" she began, sarcasm dripping from her tone. Fuck. I was slowly losing my patience. To hell with manners and ethics and all that bull, the stupid artificial cow was asking for it.