Charlotte's Tale : II

You have the power to heal your life, and you need to know that. We think so often that we are helpless, but we're not. We always have the power of our minds...Claim and consciously use your power. - Louise L. Hay

(Flashback continued)

Charlotte's POV

                        *****
The sun shined brightly up in the late summer sky. It was the summer of fifth year at Hogwarts. Pansy's friends had come over to spend the day. While the elders sat inside and gossiped over the latest news, trying to come up with new ways to climb up the status ladder among the Dark Lord's circle, us kids were left to our own devices to spend the time.

Pansy and her friend Daphne sat under a large cider tree, whispering amongst themselves, while Crabbe and Goyle were perched on the wooden chairs, their laps filled with various eatables, munching away.

I got up from my place on the ground, where I had been lounging for the past hour, reading my favourite muggle novel, and dusted my skirt before looking around.

I finally found the person I was looking for, sitting away from the rest of the crowd, his head bent over his lap, his platinum hair fell over his face, shielding his stormy eyes. I shut my book close, before making my way over to him.

As I stopped before him, my shadow falling on him, blocking the sun, he looked up. His eyes were a dark murky grey, nestles between thick bands of lashes. I noticed how long they were, and how curly too. He drew his mouth into a tight line, glaring at me.

"What do you want Parkinson?" He snarled.

You, I wanted to say...

"What are you doing, sitting here all by your lonely self?" I asked instead, smiling brightly at him. He glared at me, his nostrils flaring due to anger.

"Fuck off." He gritted out, his palms clenching in his lap. I raised a brow at him coolly, before plopping down next to him, totally ignoring his oh-so-polite request.

"Isn't it a lovely day today? I am glad we could get out in the sun for a while..." I rambled on, as he continued to burn holes into the side of my face with his piercing stare.

"I still have so much homework to do. That bloody old cat expects us to write a fucking oaf sized book on-"

"Will you shut up?" He snarled in a low voice.

I stopped mid-rant, my mouth still open. I tilted my head to look at him, "Whoa! Calm your balls Draco, I was just trying to keep you good company," I told him.

He rolled his eyes, "Clearly, it's not fucking welcome, so you can piss off now."

"Perhaps, and let you sulk and moan over your Father in peace," I replied cuttingly. I saw him tense at the mention of his imprisoned father. He glared at me, while I stared back at him calmly, given that he was almost on the verge of hexing me.

"Go away Charlotte," he gritted out.

"Nopes.." I dragged out the 's', "Not until you pull yourself together and stop acting like that stupid Longbottom kid. What the fuck is wrong with you? How long are you going to keep mucking up your chances for?"

He looked away, clenching and unclenching his fists in anger. "I don't want to talk about it,"

"You're being stupid and you know it. Fine, I won't talk about it. Go ahead and make a fool out of yourself in front of the Dark Lord."