Confrontations

Hermione's POV

The battle you are going through is not fueled by the words or actions of others; it is fueled by the mind that gives it importance. - Shannon L. Alder

My mind was racing. Every nerve ending in my body was on fire. I couldn't really explain how he did it, but every time Draco touched me, I felt myself virtually combust. It was no longer possible for me, to deny the growing feelings I had for him.

I was slowly, surely loosing my mind.

We pulled apart from the kiss, the familiar tingle in my lips returning with full force. I realised then, that my eyes were closed. It took a great deal of energy to convince myself to open my eyes and believe that it wasn't all a part of my crazy imagination. That-- Draco had really kissed me, again.

Well, the first time, you were the one who literally jumped him, the annoying voice in my head replied.

When I finally opened my eyes though, I was met with a glorious shade of grey irises, staring deeply into my own. I felt a slight jolt in the pit of my stomach, as nervous butterflies played havoc inside me, his stare igniting those damned nerves even more.

"Dra--" I started breathlessly,

"Shhh, don't say anything," he shushed, shaking his head slightly. I felt my heart swell, his soft voice washing over me, and calming me down. His eyes were beautiful, I had known that but right then, as I stared at him, standing so close to me, I could clearly see the hint of blue just lining the outer edges of his irises, which shined brighter when he was happy or excited. From his face to the way his warm body, everything called to me, made me want to curl into a ball in his arms and die.

Gads, I was completely losing my shit. And there wasn't anyway back.

Someone cleared their throat; we had been so engrossed into each other, that we completely missed the person who had walked into the room just then. The person might have been standing there all along for all we knew. They then resorted to a sharp clap, finally succeeding in interrupting our little moment.

"Well, well, well. . ." I jumped, startled, turning quickly to find Ginny standing in the doorway, her arms folded, leaning against the doorjamb.

She had a menacing look on her face, as she sneered at us. Draco discreetly took a step away from me, and I felt the sudden loss of heat from his embrace. Oddly, I felt an urge to pull him close to me again. I guess, I liked having his arms around me. Oh Sweet Godric, kill me for these thoughts.

"Ginny! What are you--?"

"Why, if it isn't our famous war heroine, fancy seeing you here with a convicted ex deatheater," she spat. "I guess he made you do it?" she raised a brow in Draco's direction.

"What? -"

"Oh c'mon Hermione, don't act like you don't know anything," she said, straightening up and squaring her shoulders, "I know you killed Pansy Parkinson." She stated bluntly. I flinched, it felt like she had punched my gut. Dumbfounded and quite winded, I stared at her, disbelievingly.

"I know Malfoy tried to hush it up, but between the three of us, let's not pretend a girl wasn't just brutally murdered in the forbidden forest." She continued, fully stepping into the room. I felt Draco tense beside me, and I couldn't help but feel sorry for him.

This was the reason why McGonagall had wanted to keep this a secret, she didn't want any unwanted rumors or speculations. The war had barely been over for six months, and the after effects still lingered, thus, it was crucial to maintain a peaceful, untroubled environment, for the sake of our own sanities.