Hunch

It's my birthday today! (28 February) I decided to treat you all to a new chapter!! Hope you guys like it! Lemme know what you think!

Hermione's POV

Nobody's life is ever all balanced. It's a conscious decision to choose your priorities every day. - Elisabeth Hasselbeck

The lights in the room of requirement were dim, while the fire crackled merrily in the grate. There were soft sounds coming from the plasma, occasionally accompanied by my sighs of frustration.

I was stuck, and tired and just... Confused.

I had spent the whole day at Hagrid's, as it was his turn to be interviewed. Naturally, I had to go about all the details of the war once again.

I wouldn't admit it out loud, but slowly, these discussion were taking a toll on me. I was trying my best to keep my emotions in check but there was only so much restraint I could exercise on my thoughts. Having to relive the memories of the war from so many different perspectives was fascinating- in a twisted way. But it drained me of energy all the same.

Sighing once more, I sunk deeper into the couch, while massaging my temples. Signs of an oncoming headache made me groan softly. I needed a steaming mug of tea, if I were to complete taking notes for the next interrogation. I was hoping to be done with these interrogations by the end of January. And so far, it did seem like a plausible goal. With Draco's help, which was a little surprising in the first place, for I hadn't expected him to be interested in anything related this at all, I could see this book coming to life soon. Honestly, I couldn't wait!

I got up from the couch, massaging my sore temples and headed towards the door, on my way to the kitchen to get myself my caffeine fix before I exploded.

Only two days had passed and I was already missing my two best friends. My thoughts went to Ron, who was still under the influence of sleeping potions. I wished he would wake up soon. It hurt to thiNk he was suffering so much. It hurt even more so, because to some extent, I held myself responsible for his deteriorating health.

So much had happened in the past few days that I found myself unable to keep track of everything.

There was the Ministry task, Ron and his addiction to God knew what potion. Then there was Charlotte and Mr. Parkinson, and now, after yesterday's adventure, Draco had climbed high on that list too. Oh, and not to forget Ginny and her self proclaimed issues.

Tickling the pear in the portrait at the door of the kitchens gently, I let myself in, my head reeling with unwanted thoughts. Immediately, little elves came running over as I made my presence known. Winky wobbled to the front with a huge grin on her ageing face.

"Miss Granger, good evening! What can Winky do for young Miss, best friend of Harry Potter?" The little elf asked, bowing forward.

"Good evening to you too Winky, I would love a cup of tea, if that's okay?" I requested. The elf nodded, grinning happily at being given instructions and wobbled off. Her friends followed after, fetching me treats to enjoy with my tea.

After sitting with Winky and her friends and sipping on a steaming mug of earl grey, I made my way back to the room of requirement. My headache had almost disappeared by now and I felt much better and relaxed.

Just as I sat down to continue my work though, I was interrupted by a huge silvery eagle flying in through the window on the side. I jumped, startled at such a sudden appearance, and sat gaping at the enormous patronus. It folded its wings as it perched on the side of the sofa in front of me, and gave me a haughty look before speaking in Draco's voice.