Victory

"There is, I believe, no person, however insignificant in the world, but, if an account of his life and adventures were committed to paper, would be entertaining in some degree: the follies of our own life, and those we are liable to be drawn into by others, will constantly afford matter for serious reflection." ― Henry Spencer Ashbee

The Great Hall was buzzing with chatter as I walked in, everyone seemed to be up bright and early for the first Quidditch Tournament match. Even the Ghosts seemed to be floating around the hall eagerly. Durmstrang's team which was up against the Slytherins sat huddled in one corner lazily munching their toasts while masses of fangirls sat around them whispering and giggling weirdly at them. My eyes swept around the hall and landed on the bunch of people clad in emerald green robes and talking animatedly among themselves. I was yet, not surprised at the distance they obviously kept from a certain blonde head. Draco sat at a distance, head bowed and seemed to be deep in thought.

What always amazed me was the extent to which boys dragged the whole quidditch business, like it was just a silly game- but pigs would start flying the day my two best friends in particular realized that. Before I reached my spot for a quick breakfast, Luna came strolling out of nowhere,

"Hello Hermione" she greeted me in her airy voice. Her long blonde hair were dyed silver today with green stripes mixed in which gave her a veela look. I had to admit, however weird the hairdo might be, she had managed to pull it off quite well.

"Hey Loo- I mean Luna.." I corrected, blushing. She gave me her signature unfocused smile.

" The wrackspurts seem to have taken a liking to you." She stated bemusedly.

" Excuse me?" I retorted back. There she went again, throwing weird ideas around. But that was the thing about her, weirdness and all.

"Oh anyways, Lavender told me to tell you to get "your two buffoons" moving. They are in some kind of argument I think." she told me fleetingly. Oh Lord, what was with boys and fighting all the time? Turning around, I dashed back towards the Gryffindor Tower. Upon entering I found Harry yelling at Ron,

" WILL YOU STOP BEING A NUTTER? THIS IS NOT MY FAULT. PROFESSOR SPROUTS WAS MAD AT YOU FOR DISAPPEARING FROM CLASS LIKE THAT. STOP BEING AN ASS," he yelled at a stubborn Ron.

" YOU COULD'VE HAD TRIED TO CONVINCE HER. I MEAN C'MON YOU'RE HARRY DAMN POTTER-"

" WHAT THE HELL DOES ME BEING ME HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THI-"

" Will you two please shut the hell up and stop making such a fuss?" I'd finally had enough of their bickering and cut in. Both stopped their yelling immediately and turned towards me, Ron's ears going red as usual.

" Sorry Mione but Harry-"

"Don't you put this on me okay? I tried convincing her but-"

"If you both don't shut up now I will turn you into sloths. And I mean it." I told them, with an exasperated sigh. They both stared at me wide-eyed and shut up instantly perhaps recalling the one time a certain Blonde got turned into a ferret by Moody. And yes, I'd learnt from the very best, McGongall.

" Fine, now Harry explain to me what this is all about. And you have exactly ten minutes before we have to leave for the match." I stated, glancing at my wrist watch.

" Well Professor Sprout called me up last night after dinner to tell me that Ron would have detention on Saturdays and Sundays for the rest of the month since he skipped that lesson last week. I tried to tell her that we cant possibly let that happen since we have a match coming up next Saturday and Ron has to be on the team but she wont listen and well Ron here got mad at me as if it was my fault." He babbled out quickly.