Comfort

Draco's POV

The ache for home lives in all of us. The safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned. - Maya Angelou

"Drake! Listen to me!" Pansy yelled after me, as I stalked down the hallway, away from her. Her voice was shrill against my ear drums, even though the distance between us was steadily increasing.

I made my way down the steps to the dungeons, the torches on the walls coming to life, one after the other as I urgently walked towards the Slytherin common room. "Domini draconum,'' I bit out, watching, waiting for the wall to slide so I could be further away from Pansy and her ridiculous ideas.

"Draco, mate.. I've been looking for you all over the place. Head Master's looking for you." Blaise called to me from his place on the couch. I stopped in my steps to glance at him. He sat, clutching a goblet of firewhiskey. I raised a brow at him, and he just smirked. Sighing, I turned back the way I had come.

I was met with a furious Pansy halfway across the entrance to the common room. Taking my hand in hers, she dragged me in the opposite direction to where I was intending to go, before I could voice my protest.

Clenching my jaw, I went along, a resigned look on my face. She marched along with me towards the boys dormitories and banged open the door to the dorm I shared with Theo and Blaise. Theo looked up from his place, with a frown.

"What's crawled up your ass Parkinson?" He asked, clearly amused. Pansy shot him a glare, her nostrils flaring.

"Get out," she commanded him. He replied by raising his brow, looking at her coolly as he sat, perfectly still, not moving, with a book resting in his lap. I could feel her shaking with barely contained rage as she glared at him menacingly.

"Nott, I'm not in the mood for your games. Now get out before I hex your balls off."

He pretended to mull over her threat for a bit, which made her growl. Theo chuckled, finally getting up from his bunk and collecting his book. "Bitch," he muttered, though with a grin as he walked past her and out the door.

The minute he left, Pansy shut the door, deftly casting charms to keep our voices contained and locking the door too. She then turned around and stalked towards me, her eyes crackling with frustration and pent up rage.

"What the bloody fuck is wrong with you Draco?" She screeched, shoving my chest.

"Why are you so hell bent on destroying everything? The Dark Lord has taken over the Ministry and Hogwarts, and soon he'll be ruling over the entire fucking Britain. Are you really daft enough to think he'd probably even remember you once he's gotten what he's after? Do you honestly think he'd cater your wants and needs once he's killed Potter and taken over the Wizarding World?" She ranted, her voice getting louder with every word.

"You have no fucking idea what he's promised me," I told her curtly, trying not to give any thought to her words.

She laughed drily at that, "Promised? You've fucking lost your mind! Just listen to yourself right now. You think he gives a single flying fuck about you? You think he'll keep his word? I never thought you could be so foolish. You almost sound like your aunt Bella." She shook her head disdainfully at me.