Charlotte's Tale

Don't be too quick to draw conclusions from what happens to you; simply let it happen. Otherwise it will be too easy for you to look with blame... at your past, which naturally has a share with everything that now meets you. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Charlotte's POV

Fucking nosey bitch...

That was what she was, that Hermione Granger. If there ever- ever was a medal for the most annoying witch in the whole of Britain, she would hands down fit the bill. She was just that irksome.

I was confined in the damned hospital bed, which creaked every time I turned. It had been exactly eight hours since I was brought into the infirmary and every minute had passed by, excruciatingly slow.

I sat up slowly, silently, and looked around. Apart from a third year hufflepuff who had come down with some sort of contagious muggle disease, the ward was deserted. Poppy had retired to her room after fussing over several, what I was sure to be irrelevant things. I'd been so irritated by her this whole time, that I had come close to hexing the shit out if her several times already.

The torches had finally dimmed. And now, I was left alone to stare at the ceiling of the ward and ponder over my thoughts.

I adjusted my pillows and reclined against them, my arms folded over my chest. I couldn't decide if I were supposed to be relieved or mad at the fact that Granger had ruined an absolutely fool-proof plan.

I had spent so much time, making sure I got everything right. But Granger had to go and visit the stupid Room of Requirement at that specific time.

Draco was supposed to find me there! Lying unconscious, in the middle of a deserted corridor. He was supposed to rush me to the hospital, while holding me in his arms, reassuring me that I'd be alright.

A wistful sigh escaped my lips. But Granger wouldn't have it. She was becoming a greater problem with every passing day. She was becoming a constant presence beside Draco, and it was starting to drive me crazy. He was my Draco, and only I had the right to be next to him.

Draco Malfoy. The heir to the greatest, grandest fortune and bloodline. He was the prince charming every girl dreamt of. From his haughty looks, to his cocky attitude. The way he dressed, talked, walked; he was utter perfection. And soon, he was going to be mine.

I had first seen him at a summer ball. The Greengrass' had arranged it, and everyone was invited. The Malfoys were obviously, the chief guest. I could still remember that day clearly, every vivid detail etched into my memory...

*****

To say I was nervous would be an understatement. I sucked in a deep breathe and counted to ten in my head. This was going to be my first appearance in public after entering the Wizarding World. Prescott said it would be okay, that he would introduce me to his peers. I wasn't quite sure how that would go.

It had only been a few weeks since Prescott had learned of my existence. He came to get me from the orphanage I lived in, and brought me to his mansion. The moment Mrs. Parkinson saw me, I was sure that she would combust on the spot. Her face had gone extremely red and I could see her visibly shaking with rage. Ever since, she'd become a walking, talking time bomb. No one was sure when she would go off, on whom and more specifically, where. Even her own daughter was keeping her distance. And that was saying something. The one thing I had instantly realized while looking at the two, was that they were inseparable. Their bond was clearly much more stronger than either of their's with Prescott, combined.