Marauder's Map

Hermione's POV

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Daniel J. Boorstin

"I don't remember anything," Ron stated, looking at me with a frown. "I.. don't know what happened." He shook his head, as though that might conjure up something to aid us in our query.

"How- since when?" Harry inquired, his tone grave and slightly panic-stricken.

Ron frowned again, staring at his hands in his lap, thinking, before he answered slowly, "Start of the term.. I think.. I'm really not sure.. I just remember sneaking into the potions lab one night to brew a sleeping potion and then.. someone hit me with the curse and everything blacked out."

"Is that all you remember?" Harry urged.

"That's all.." Ron shrugged.

My mind raced as everything he said sunk in, someone had used an Unforgivable curse on Ron. In the dead of the night, at that. But who? And why? Was it an outsider? Was it someone inside the school? If it were a student, were they still in school? Or if an outsider, then how did they break into the school premises? It was a heck load to take in.

"Ron.." I began, my brain working a mile a minute. "Do you remember the voice that uttered the curse?"

I didn't know why, but something just didn't feel right to me. It felt like I was missing a major point here. Then again, how coincidental it was that Ron got cursed, and then Pansy dies as well, that too in the premises of Hogwarts.. I just felt like the two were somehow related..

While Ron tried to remember the person's voice, I went over the past few months in my head. Was there anything suspicious I knew of? Yes. There was. Several things in the past month alone had baffled me. My eyes widened as I remembered Pansy's murder.. Someone had broken in that night too. Was it possible they were the same person? I remembered how quickly that person had uttered the killing curse.. as if they had been doing it all their lives.. and the fact that they knew Pansy was there..

"I can't say for sure... It was too dark and everything happened so fast.. I don't think it was anyone that I could recognise. " he groaned, rubbing his temples.

"It's okay mate, don't stress too much. The healer said you can't over work yourself.. 'mione.." Harry turned to me. I gazed into his eyes, frustration seeping into my bones yet again. There were so many things happening, with no certain explanations.. and it was beginning to drive me up the wall. At last, I nodded with a deep sigh.

"Alright then, we better make a move on, Ginny will be waiting. We'll come again, you take care mate."

"Are you guys leaving me here all alone, again?" Ron pouted, which made me laugh.

"You need to rest Ronald," I smiled, shaking my head at his childish antics. "Besides, I have to meet up with Draco and look over some stuff. But I'll come again tomorrow, we both will, yeah Harry?"

I looked over at Harry who was gaping at me like I had just uttered Chinese out of the blue.

"Draco? As in Draco Malfoy right?" Ron inquired,

I rolled my eyes, "Do we know any other Draco than him?"

"B-but- but you called him Draco." He deadpanned.

"Umm.. because that's his name?" I wasn't really getting his bewilderment.

"Since when have you been on first name basis with that ferret, eh? Mione?" He grumbled, staring at me questioningly. His ears were slowly turning red.