Chapter 4 - Hey, I Just Met You!

"Oh Uncle Sam, Where For Out Thou?"

I stood up and dragged my luggage with me… ugh, I don’t even know where to go…

 Why couldn’t I have stayed with my aunts? With my friends that I got a long with, Crad, Billy, Nikki, Derek, heck even Nila. I think I missed Crad the most… his faithful smile, his stupid jokes, his cute hair, cute smile...I sighed heavily. Stupid mother.

 All too suddenly I felt a heavy hand drop on my shoulder. I jolted up in shock. I instantly turned around getting defensive. “Back off, dude I know karate!” biggest lie ever..

I looked up at the man in front of me, my head tilting back. Damn, this dude was tall. And he was tan... Hm, Uncle Sam? Nah, he was too young. The man in front of me only laughed.

“You must be Macy, Sam’s niece… You look just like the picture...” My eyes widened. How did this dude know my uncle? Stalker Alert, Anyone? 

I adjusted my thick rimmed glasses, “Who.Are.You?” I demanded and lifted my fist defensively.

“Hey, relax, I’m Davis…” He said nodding his head slowly. I narrowed my eyes at him. He started laughing, the laugh was mocking in a way, which made me angry. “You think a punch from you is going to hurt me? Ha, you better be carefull now sport, don't want you to hurt yourself."

I dropped my hand to my side slowly, this guy has some steel hard guts. If he had said this back in my own town, he would've gotten his ass majorly kicked.

"How old are you, 12?” he said and ruffled my head, I slapped his hand away quickly and kept my glare up. “I’m 16 for your information…” I said as I glared up at him.

“Yeah, whatever you say, squirt… Anyway Sam will be waiting, lets go I don’t want to stay in this dang airport any longer, it stinks." He scrunched his noes up in disgust as he looked around.

"And besides, we gotta get to La Push before three…” I raised an eyebrow at him, did he seriously expect me to come with him, I just met the guy.

“Dude, seriously?” I asked as I half started to laugh.

He raised his brow at me. “Seriously what?” he sounded dumbfound.

 “Do you think I’m that stupid, I just met you, and you want me to come with you and you somehow know my ‘uncle’ yeah, right…for all I know you’re some kind of deranged serial killer…” I stated.

 He rolled his eyes at me. “You’re stupid…” He told me, shaking his head.

“No, you’re stupid if you think I’m gunna come with you ‘Davis’”  I said putting the air quotes when I said his name. “How do I know you’re not lying?” I said leaning away.

“Then how would I know you’re name, or your uncle, Sam?” I glared at him. “I dunno, you’re probably a stalker too…” I said nonchalantly. The look on his face was an annoyed one. “Dammit, Sam didn’t tell me that you were this stupid…He told me, to go pick you up, because he couldn’t make it, himself…”

I narrowed my eyes at him. “If you really were to pick me up, then why didn’t he tell my mom?” He rolled his eyes as his shoulders sagged. “It was a last minute thing…” I narrowed my eyes even more. “Uh-huh, likely story…” He sighed.

“I hate children…” he mumbled to himself right before his pocket rang. 

He gave me a mean look before he took his phone out and he held the phone to his ear. As soon as he did, there was already yelling at the other end.

“Yeah, Yes, I know! Don’t have to repeat it! …Yeah, but she refuses to come, she thinks I’m some serial killer … yeah, I’m serious! …I told her that but she doesn’t believe me …” his words held some hostility to them, and seemed to have a temper too. Hm, deranged, tempermental, and stupid. Tripple Threat right there.

I raised an eyebrow, wait, what am I doing standing here? I grabbed my luggage and began rolling it away with me. “Hey! You! Get back here!” ‘Davis’ commanded. I was startled. I turned around, he had the phone shoved into my face. “You don’t believe me… talk to Sam…” before I could say anything the phone was pressed to my cheek.