Chapter 61 pt. 2 - In the Immortal Words of Socrates, "...I Drank What?"

AS ALWAYS

VOTE

COMMENT

ENJOYYY

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECAP:

Jacob turned his eyes to Bella and managed a small smile, "Hey..." He greeted.

A moment later he turned his eyes back to the door, as if expecting another person to walk through the door and give him a sarcastic greeting. But nothing of the such happened and he settled his attention back to Bella, who gave him a curious look.

"Expecting someone, Jake?" she laughed.

Jacob shifted up and smiled at the brown haired girl, "Well, sort of..." he answered honestly.

Bella raised an eyebrow towards him curiously, "Really? Who?" Instead of responding Jacob turned his eyes to the ceiling and the smile on his face widened. Despite the pain he was in, he could put that aside by the thought of his imprint. Bella narrowed her eyes, "Macy? You were expecting Macy, weren't you?" She guessed, a secret smile forming on her face. But at the thought of the disappearance of Macy Uley, the smile faltered. So much for not imprinting on Macy, huh? She thought to herself.

"I promised her I'd tell her everything after the fight."

"Everything? About...?" Bella questioned.

"About me, werewolves and anything that she'd been worrying her pretty little head over... But now I landed myself into this situation, I can't go anywhere for about four weeks. She'll probably have even more questions about thi-ok why are you looking at me like?"

Bella blinked and turned her head to the side, looking away, "It...It's just... I'm just wondering..." She pressed her lips together, trying to find a way to word her question, "What is Macy to you?" she wasn't sure if she'd get a clear answer, knowing Jacob, he'd probably avoid the question completely or deny it. But he did nothing of the sort.

Jacob looked her straight in the eyes, not blinking or even missing a beat as he replied airly, "She's my imprint, my mate."

Bella allowed silence to consume the room as she became lost in her thoughts. She debated whether or not she should tell him what had became of his love. After a few more minutes of her internal battle she decided it was best he didn't know. Right now, he needed to focus on getting better and him knowing about her disappearance would not allow that to happen.

Bella took a deep breath and smiled, "That's great, Jake. I'm so happy for you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My head was pounding when I woke up and my throat felt raw, as if I’ve been to pep rally of some sort and screamed my head off. I took a deep breath and instantly there was a jab at my ribs that nearly knocked that breath from my lungs. I groaned as I attempted to roll to my side, but my body wouldn’t move. I felt so cold and so sore. My body buzzed in prickles of pain that I hadn’t experience in such a while. The hurt in my body was almost as bad as the end result of my reckless driving on the Brooklyn Bride. And that’s saying something.