Chapter 76 - You Make Me Crazy

The last part!!

Please VOTE

COMMENT

ENJOY

I fidgeted in front of the door. I had a tray of food in my hand. Eggs, bacon, blueberry pancakes, French toast, and grape syrup. They were all Casey's favorite. I had to fight a couple werewolves for them too, so this was kinda a big deal. I had been standing there several minutes, almost fifteen.

What do I say?

Hey, I read a letter from our dead father and I've had a change of heart, haha, forgive me?

Well, here goes nothing. Leaning the trap onto me with one hand, I grabbed onto the doorknob.

Casey was right where I had left her. I mean, where could she go with one broken leg and a broken arm? But this time she was asleep. I closed the door behind us and slowly walked over to the nightstand beside her head and lowered the tray. I quietly grabbed a chair and set it in front of her bed.

She had her head turned from me, so I couldn't see her face. I just saw the back of her curly hair.

I propped my elbows on top of my knees. I didn't know what to do, but I knew I wanted to talk to her. I wanted to set things right.

"Why are you here," I jumped at her voice.

"Oh, so you were awake the whole time?"

Casey turned around and sat up, "Why are you back?"

I turned to the tray next to us, "I made eggs...with bacon...and blueberry pancakes...and French toast...and grape syrup." I began, "We didn't have chocolate raisins so I couldn't get all the weird combinations that you liked. But I got most of your favorites."

Casey looked at the tray of food surprised. "What, did Uncle Sam tell you about that?" she asked as she narrowed her eyes.

"No, I already knew these were you favorites..." I said and tried to smile, "You know, that's what sisters are for."

"Why are you back?"

"Because..." I began as I scooted closer to her, "I realized how much of a bitch I've been."

"Hn."

"No, seriously...I'm so...so very sorry Casey. For everything."

Casey shook her head, "That doesn't make up for anything."

"I know, but I want to...offer a peace treaty. I'm your big sister and it's time that I start acting like one. You've always been there for me you know? And I pushed you away because I was jealous."

Casey looked away from me and stared at the ground.

"Why the change of heart?"

I quirked my lips to the side, "Well, Mom was hiding this letter away from me... our dad wrote it and...it made me see what I was doing was horrible. He had such high hopes, he was such a good guy..."

"I know."

I pursed my lips, "I was insecure before...well, I still kinda am. I always felt like I was living in your shadow...that you were so much greater than I am and that I would never amount to nothing and now that you're a werewolf too that kinda doesn't remove any jealousy..." I tried to make it a joke, but no laughs came, "I'm trying though..."

"I looked up to you, ya know..."

"I know and it was stupid of me to be so resentful."

"It was understandable," she shrugged. Ugh, she was so modest. I swear.

I sighed, "And I'm sorry for what I said." I forced, "I'm sorry and I want you to know..." I began slowly and my lips felt numb, "I want you to know..." I continued.

"Know what?" she pressed.

"Casey, I love you." I finally breathed and she froze. "This is a big deal for me you know I say it so very few times to anyone." I stopped when I hear her sniffing.

"Casey?" I called and tilted my head.

She lifted hers and I saw a few tears fall from her eyes. "I remember the last memory of my father...I was three. Both of them, my mom and dad were holding my hand as we walked through the forest. That was the first time they told me about you. Saying there was a little girl waiting for me, to love me and play with me...a sister. I was happy, but I was sad because I knew that was the last time I'd see them."

I stood up and sat next to her. I lifted my arm and wrapped it around her shoulder. "Casey..." I cooed as I hugged her tight. "You're my favorite little sister in the whole wide world. I appreciate you for everything that you've ever done and I'm sorry for putting through hell." I squeezed her.

"Ow!"

I jumped away, "What's wrong?"

"Just cause I'm a werewolf, doesn't mean I can't feel pain..." I smiled and hugged her again, this time much softer.

"I'm sorry, little sis..." And she made a choking sound causing me to pull away. "Ah, damn, how badly are you hurt?" I questioned as I eyed her cast.

She shook her head, "It's not that, you just smell like Jacob." I straightened my posture and quickly brought my nose to my shirt.

The panicked look on my face must've been hilarious because Casey was in the bed cracking up.

I pursed my lips together, "And you smell like a wet dog." I stood up and walked picked up the tray and sat it on my lap. "Now, c'mon... here comes the plane!" I waved the spoon in front of her mouth.

Casey made a face as she pushed away from me, "What are you doing?"

I smiled, "Making up for lost time and hey after this we can go hunting you a boyfriend."

Casey laughed, "Oh my gosh, you're crazy!"

"You make me crazy, so we're in this together, sis."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey readers, 

Still craving some vampire werewolf action packed stories? Check out my other book, The Vampire Queen updated every friday and sunday! link >>>

I would like to thank any and everyone who has ever clicked to read this story, voted, commented, and  overall just enjoyed this story. Thank everyone who has ever been through this super very long and complicated journey with me. Those of you who stayed for so very long, I would like to thank you for putting up with me! Thank you! Thank you! You guys are the reason I wrote this and continued! You guys are what pushed to finally FINISHED this book. 

Thank you guys, I don't know what I would do with out you. It's been a long FIVE years (can you believe that? CRAZY RIGHT?!) But we have made some memories here. 

Hopefully you may stay along for what I may have in store for the future -- sequels? different books? who knows! 

I hope you enjoyed this as much as I have. Thank you all once again. 

<3 Priscilla-Ann Marceau.