Chapter 31 pt. 1 - She Will Be One Of Us

"So, what is this place?" I asked, I looking upon the large building as I jumped off my motorcycle. Nikki shrugged.

"It's sort of my motel I'm staying at for a couple of days..." She told me, doing the same.

  "Alright, now I'll be right, back just going to get my motorcycle from the back, don't move, I'll be back before you gan say supersonic...three hundred and forty times!" She told me before turning around and disappearing behind the corner of the building. 

I sighed as I placed my elbow on the seat of the motorcycle and waited. I glanced over at the building in front of me. It was alright, not bad, but definitely not someplace I'd recommend my friends staying in. Maybe I can get her to stay with me until she leaves?

I kicked the gravel underneath me, bored. What was taking Nikki so long? Sure it's only been a minute, but being out here by myself was sorta giving me the creeps. There was seriously no one around here, like a vacant parking lot...

I looked over at the windows of the building again before looking back down at the ground, but a sight of a familiar figure had my head snapping back to the motel. But it was gone. If I didn't know better I'd say I saw Davis... I blinked and he was gone. I turned my head and brushed it off. It was probably just my mind playing tricks on me. But then again it could be him...

"Hey, Mace. Let us go!" Nikki said suddenly appearing behind me. I jumped, caught off guard.

Nikki laughed at my startled reaction. I rolled my eyes and jumped onto my motorcycle, eyeing Nikki's red one. "Whoa, you got a new motorbike?" I asked.

Nikki nodded proudly. "Haha, my old one sorta got trashed...but whataya gunna do..." I laughed at her and shrugged my shoulders.

"Alright, so where do you wanna go...?" I asked her.

"-But! You should know... I don't exactly know my way quite much around this area..." I warned her. She laughed.

"Well, that makes everything much more fun!" Nikki told with excitement as she started her motorcycle, I did the same and drove out the parking lot.

20 Minutes Before

Walking down the empty halls the blonde walked into her leaders office, bowing her head respectfully.

"Sir..." In return the man nodded his head.

"Nichole..." She walked over the the chair in front of his desk and sat down.

"How is she...?" He asked looking at the table in between them then back at Nichole. A small smile made way on her face.

"She asked for you...as well as the others." He looked up the corners of his lips curling upwards.

"But...she's not alone, Cade." Cadeson looked up with a raised eyebrow, staring at the blonde.

"What do you mean...?" Nichole shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

"Well there are others... Not human, but yet...not our kind. She's been around them a lot. So when I first saw her, I didn't recognize her scent it seemed almost fused with those...things..." Nichole finished with her nose scrunched up in disgust. Anger boiled in Cade's veins. Just the thought of someone else being around his property, ticked him off.

"But other than that she seems well protected by her famil-those things." Cade placed his interlocked hand under his chin as he studied Nichole for a moment, analyzing if she had been holding something back from him.

"You won't have to worry about those things laying a hand on her either, she's got the amulet, she adores it. She seems to have a lot of revere put into that locket. Cade nodded his head, taking in the information calmly. If he were still alive with a beating heart, it would have been pounding t this new found information.

"In do time...she will be mine. She will be one of us..." His red orbs looked back at the blonde.

"Keep her out of trouble, and don't let her do anything too stupid with that motorbike of hers... I'm counting on you Nikki..."