Chapter 26 - A Letter From Crad Daniels

Laying on my bed, I sighed. I've been in my room since yesterday. Since Sam 'grounded'; me. I was still mad at him. I mean seriously who grounds someone for five freaking weeks? I refused to come out of my room, no matter what. Even when it was dinner time, I stayed in my room the whole time yesterday.

And at night time I snuck down stairs to get a granola bar, but I was almost caught when I saw Emily there as well, I had to do a whole lot of ducking and crawling, and in the end I don't think it was worth it, just for a bar with chocolate chips. Because in the end, I dropped it on the floor, and accidently stepped on it.  

Anyway, I was currently in my room, shocker, lying on my back. And I was starving...

Knock-Knock

God, who is it now...?

"Wrong number!" I shouted not bothering to look at the door. But the door creaked open anyway. Gosh, can't someone take a hint? I lifted my head, looking at the door with a scowl. "I said Wrong, Number! Call back again, never..." I muttered bitterly.

But when I spotted Emily, I sighed, and my scowl slowly disappeared. "Sorry for yelling..." I apologized under my breath. Emily was the only person I felt like I needed to be nice to. I mean part of it is because she's Sam's girlfriend, but also because of those scars on her face, I always feel like my rudeness was just a burden she didn't need. Call it sympathy.

"It's Okay..." She told me smiling, she walked in and closed the door. I sat up and turned towards her. She held her hand out revealing a square envelope in her hand. I raised an eyebrow and looked at it curiously. "It's a letter from New York..." I froze almost immediately. New York?

 As in New York, New York?

A huge grin broke through my face as I heard this. "New York!" I beamed taking the letter from Emily's hands frantically. Gosh, I missed my friends.

 "Whose it from?" I asked her as I stared down at the envelope with glee. But she didn't have to answer because I already ripped open the letter. When I spotted the name, my heart warmed up inside. 'Crad Daniels'

 I grinned madly. "I can't believe he wrote to me!" I exclaimed, surprised. Crad was my best friend. He and I would always get in trouble together, and I'll admit, I might've had a tiny crush on him too. I was so happy to have gotten his letter I didn't even stop to think of how he would've gotten this address.

 "Okay...I'll let you have your privacy..." Emily said laughing as she walked out of my room closing the door.

I threw myself on my bed and began to read the letter, forgetting about my hunger all together.

Dear Macy,

Hey Macy, how's La Push, or was it Forks?

  When I heard you were going to a place called 'Forks' I thought you were going to go pick up forks, but apparently it's a place in Washington, strange huh? Well school sucks without you here. We all miss your inappropriate jokes, and harsh insults, but we miss you the most. Nila has been a real pain in the ass lately. I mean she's stuck to me like glue! She even went as far as to following me into the Men's room. Talk about invasion of privacy... I don't think I'll ever be able to go to public restrooms for a long time.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I paused there and smiled.

Nila had a huge crush on Crad, she was like his stalker, she'd literally pop out of nowhere. I remember when once we were at Crad's house, and she came out of his closet holding his clothes in her arms smelling it as if they were some kind of inhalants. It scarred him for a long time. Other than that Nila was actually a really nice person... sometimes.

I sighed and continued to read.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now that you're gone. Billy and Derek have been daring me into doing the stupid shit that you do, like riding my motorcycle through the Brooklyn Bridge in the other direction (seem familiar?) 

Speaking of motorcycles, you left yours behind when you left. *insert sad face here*

Niki has a surprise for you. I don't want to ruin it by saying anything, or she'll murder me on the spot. Anyway you should expect her-I mean it on the 17th?

Well I sent this on the 12th of september so yeah...Bye Macy!

Take Care,

Crad Daniels (The awesomest dude on the face of the Earth)

P.s. - I really hope that I didn't get the wrong address and some stranger is reading this, if that's the case I'm sorry stranger but can you please give this to Macy Ann Louise. Thank you.

~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

I laughed out loud, after reading it.

It really did make me feel better. I got up and placed the envelope on the side table next to me. As soon as I placed it to the edge, it tipped over and a necklace spilled out. 

"Huh?" I looked down at it and tilted my head. I bent down and reached my hand pulling out the long chain.

In between my fingers was a beautiful heart necklace with a gold chain and a red gem in the middle of the heart. A gasp left my lips as I traced my fingers on the locket. It popped open revealing a picture of me on one side, and a drawn picture of Crad on the other side. I wanted to laugh and aw at the same time. Laugh because the picture happened to be drawn and I was remembering how much Crad had hated taking pictures, and aw because it was so sweet of him to do this. I can't believe he got me that. On the bottom there was a tag at the bottom with beautiful hand writing that I knew was Crad's.

For my favorite girl,

Don't forget about me,

Crad D.

My cheeks burned reading this. He was sweet, I swear it's like he knows I have a crush on him.

Crad, such a smoother you are, but I'd never forget about you. And I placed the necklace around my neck right after. 

GRUGGLE-GRUGGLE

I sighed shaking my head. "Way to ruin the mood..." I said tapping my stomach I guess it's about time I get out of my room. I'm in too good a mood to care if I see Sam.

Thanks to Crad...