Chapter 43 - You Guys Again

Hey there! :D

Another chapter to go :)

Feel free to vote, comment, and of course enjoy!

================================================================================

If it wasn’t for the painful throbbing of my head, I would have said I was sleeping comfortably, may have been one of the best sleeps in a very long time. And having to wake up being hooked up to all these different types of wires and machines wasn’t exactly the way I wanted to wake up… And certainly not with the door slamming open like that.

“You’re awake!” It was Seth…

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked around me. I wasn’t at Sam’s house… was this the hospital? The walls and ceilings were white; however the designs were too elegant, too pretty to have been a hospital.

Slight panic rose in my chest. “Seth? Where am I?” I questioned as I turned my head to look at him better. Seth threw me a short smile and walked over to me.

“Hey there, yeah um…you fell…” He told me as he stood by the post of the bed. I pulled my eyebrows together. I turned my head towards him and stared at him curiously.

 “Um… yeah, that totally answers my question…” I said sarcastically. Seth laughed enthusiastically. “But seriously, where am I what am I doing here? And where’s Jacob? …I can’t really remember much… but I-I think Jake was with me…”

“Jacob actually brought you to Sam’s and had Emily try to fix you up but you needed a little more help than what she could offer. Jake suggested that they bring you here. At first Sam was a little iffy, but then he agreed and boy did it take a while.”

I looked down at my hands now as he spoke. There was an IV strap poking out from my wrist, and some sort of tape thing wrapped around my finger.

“I hate being hooked up to these things…” I mumbled as I moved my fingers over the intravenous drip. With my index finger and thumb, I pressed the wire from the IV and began to tug on it slightly.

I pinched the wire and tugged harder; Seth noticed this and jumped towards me. “Whoa, whoa, what are you doing? You’ll hurt yourself…” He scolded. I looked up at him and rolled my eyes. “Yeah, ok… whatever. And I do this all the time no big deal.” I said not even bothering to look up at him. “And beside you haven’t even told me where I am exactly, where is this here? You told me how and you still hadn’t answered my other question: where’s Jacob?”

Seth sighed. “Well, you’re—”

The door slammed open.

I looked up at whoever it was that stood at the door. Standing there was a man, a tall and big pale looking man with short brute hair. He had golden eyes and a large pearly white smile. His features were familiar… But no name seemed to hit me, all I kept thinking was; Whoa, this dude needs a tan.

“Hey there Mace. Long time, no see, huh?”

Wait… Emmett?