Chapter 32 - A Different Side Of Nikki

“Oh my god!” Nikki groaned as dropped herself on my bed. I raised an eyebrow, sitting on the floor with my legs crossed—Indian style.

“I can not believe we’re back here again.” She whined as she twisted on my bed. I rolled my eyes at her silliness.

 “Well, maybe if you hadn’t bothered that poor ol’ policeman—” Before I could finish a soft pillow smack me in the face.

“Nuh-uh! You were the one that drilled a hole in their gas tank!” Nikki shouted over at me.

I pulled the pillow away from my face, and launched it back it her. She caught it swiftly giving me a slanted smile.

“You’re aim sucks…” She insulted. My mouth hung as I looked at her.

Before I could even respond there was a knock at the door. I turned my head towards the door. “Um…Come in?” I regretted it almost immediately.

It was Jacob Black.

“Macy…” He called out looking down at me from the door. I remained frozen on the floor staring at the rug underneath me. After a moment or two I looked up.

“Y-Yes…” I asked trying to mentally stop my beating heart that was going possibly a hundred miles per minute. I remember the last time he came in here, I ended up yelling at him to leave... Great, and now he was back, and so were the butterflies...

 “I need to te—”

 Jacob opened his mouth to speak, but when his eyes landed on Nikki he shout it, his jaw tensing slightly.

“I need to talk to you.” When he didn’t continue I lifted an eyebrow at him.

“Continue…” I pressed one. His eye flickered down to me then at Nikki.

His eyes narrowed a he spoke.

Alone. I need to talk to you alone…” Jacob said through his teeth. My heart speed up once again at his words. I looked over at Nikki and then at Jacob nervously.

“I—I…uh…um…O—”

“Why…?” I looked over at Nikki who had spoken up.

“If you have something important to say…say it…” But Jacob said nothing, just stood there.

“Macy…” He said turning to me. I furrowed my eyebrow, pressing my lips into a thin line.

“Yeah, Jacob. I mean if you have something important to say…just say it…” Jacob furrowed his eyebrows at me this time before turning around giving Nikki a hard look first and walking out of the room.

A sigh left my lips as the door closed. “What was that about anyway…?” I asked. Nikki shrugged her shoulders.

“How should I know? I don’t live with these…people…” I sighed again looking at the rugged carpet.

Suddenly the door creaked open and Sam popped his head in looking around with narrowed eyes. He looked over at me.

“Good. And you’re going to stay in your room. Understand?” I nodded, and just like that he left. I raised an eyebrow. Was that it? Strange…

A moment past and Nikki let an over exaggerated sigh leave her lips. “This is boring…” She said as she dug a bottle of water out of her bag. My mouth felt dry just looking at it. “Can I have some?” I asked eyeing the water bottle in her hand.