Chapter 15 - An Interuption by Bella

I felt my throat dry quickly at that question, leaving me unable to answer. I knew the answer, though. I just couldn't seem to put it into sentences. How could I tell him.

"They... they didn't tell you?" Was all that I couldn't manage for that moment.

Jacob stopped with the painting and stared back at me. "If I knew, I wouldn't have been asking." He replied.

I sighed and placed the paint brush back in the bucket. I'm not sure if I could really tell him, it wasn't exactly my secret to tell. Slowly, I let myself on the floor and sat cross-legged. Should I tell him, Jake is my friend after all... I glanced back up at him; he looked down at me curiously with his mocha coloured eyes, almost as if he could melt right through me. My heart raced when he sat down across from me and looked into my eyes like he'd done that millions of times before. And I finally decided; it wasn't my secret to keep either.

"It turned out I had a half sister..." I told softly as picked up the brush and begain painting once again. "My mom couldn't handle it, it wasn't hers she didn't know how she'd raise that child, so we moved with my Aunts in California. I wanted to stay, and be your friend... but my mom wasn't having any of that." I laughed to myself. I can honestly say, I don't miss her at all.

My father fell in love with another woman, two years after I was born. And left with her, five years after he came back with a little girl, my half sister. The details are fuzzy, so I'm not sure how, but we left with Casey, he gave her to us and then disappeared. I've never really seen my father since. I've seen him in some pictures that my mother stored away in the attic, but never in person.

"Simple I guess..." I shrugged and scanned the wall. It was successfully painted neat and around the wooden door.

I turned to Jake and beamed. “Emily is making some cupcakes…” I said, as in effort to try and change the atmosepher back to light hearted jokes. This serious one was just not my deal.

 Jake looked at me and smiled. "Ok, I'm feeling kind of hungry anyway." he agreed.

"Good, now lemme help you up." I said, Jake offered his hand and I grabbed a hold of his hand,  but it seems that Jakey boy was way too heavy for me. When he attemped to pull me to get a grip, the sudden jerk hand me falling on top of him. It knocked the air out of my lungs, but when I look back up I was shocked to realise that our noses were just barely touching.

 I blinked as I looked down at him, our eyes meeting. His experssion changed and we both were speech-less. My heart was thumbing so loudly I thought it was going to leap out of my chest or something. I felt so... so spell bound...

  His eyes were so brown, they reminded me of a pleading puppy; it dragged me in like a trap that I didn't want to get away from. This crush was truly going to get me real hard.

"You still want that cupcake?"

*     *    *

I sat down at the table as Emily gave me and Jacob a cupcake. I felt like a little kid as I to a bite from my frosted cup cake. Emily smiled. “Well how’s the room?” She asked me.

I looked up at her. “Well, we’re done painting the basics. But I just need to add some designs myself." I told her. Emily smiled and left the room not before glancing at me and Jacob then leaving.

"Wow Mace, do you need a bib or something?" I heard Jake ask. I looked up at him, confused.

"W-What in the world are you taking about?" I asked. 

He smiled as he pointed to my chest. I looked down and my face heated up; somehow I had managed to get some frosting on my shirt.

 "Oh, well, your shirt isnt exactly clean either..." I replied, indicating the random pattern splats of blue paint.

I reached over and grabbed a napkin and began wiping the Icing off, unfortunately it wasn't turning out too great.  I groaned while Jake just laughed. The sound of his laughter, despite my situation, made me smile.

"Hey, for the rest of the painting, do you want me to help finish with you?" He asked. I looked at him with wide eyes.

Was this another way to hang out together?

"Yes!" I stopped myself immedaitely. I probably sounded desperate.. "I mean... ya know if you want too... you're choice..."

 "I think I'd-" but almost as soon as he was about to finish he was interrupted by a ringing of a cell phone. I looked around confused, it couldn't have been mine. I turned to Jacob, he gave me a sheepish smile.

 " I guess it'll be a raincheck. Heh, sorry I gotta take this...it's important..it's Bella..." With that he left. I stared at the spot he sat. That ...Bella...who was she?

I felt a pang of jealousy, as I got up and walked up to my room. 

"Hey, Macy..." Emily greeted me from the cushions on the floor, cross-legged as I walked in.

 "Hey Em..." I replied with a sigh.

Emily looked at me and frowned. "Why're you lookin' so glum, darlin'?"

I walked up to her and sat down. "Nothing...um...it's nothing...well, do you know who Bella is?" I asked, silently hoping she'd say no.

Emily sighed. "Yes, I've met her once when she came here to La Push." I winced. she comes here? crap... "Well, I don't wanna met her..." I mumbled looking down at the wooden floor.

"You should be careful, hon. Liking boys like Jacob isn't easy..." And with that she got up and left without another word, leaving me shocked. What did she mean by that? Liking someone like Jae? And how did she know I even liked him?

I just stared at the door before deciding that I was going to get my answers soon. I sighed as I got up and went over to my luggage’s, I needed to change. I pulled out a brown shirt, and white shorts,  I switched my clothes and put those on, when I was do I went down stairs. I was surprised to see the guys here.

And to my utter shock they were eating my cupcakes.