Chapter 7 - This Place is Strange

“Now time to meet the others.” He stated as he turned me around.

 With his hands on my shoulders, he pushed me toward a lady with dark hair.

  She was tall and pretty, but when I looked at her face, I flinched. There were these huge scratchs across her entire face, I couldn’t help but stare…in a really rude way with my mouth wide as would a fish.

  Sam had obviously tensed at my reaction towards the lady in front of me. He cleared his throat and spoke. “Macy this is my fiancée Emily, Emily this is my niece Macy…” He said, but I didn’t hear him I was still staring at the long deep scar on ‘Emily’s face.

“How did…” but I shut my mouth quickly and looked to the floor then adjusted my glasses. “Sorry…” I apologized, "I didn't mean to ask."

 “It's okay…” she assured me.

“No, sorry for staring…it's just how-how did something like that happened?” I asked tilting my head back, that must’ve hurt...

Emily smiled softly, but I could see slight sadness in her eye. “Oh, its nothing… just bear attack…” I furrowed my eyebrows. Its nothing? Look, the mark goes down her face! That is not nothing.

“..Uh…”I said not exactly finding the right words to say, but then Sam, noticing the awkwardness between us cleared his throat.

 “Um…okay…” he said as he began to drag me somewhere else.

“You remember Harry Clearwater?”

I shook my head. "Not really..."

The man in the wheel chair moved himself closer and chuckled. "No? You don't remember dear-ole Harry?" he asked, I shrugged.

"I haven't been hear in so long... almost 9 years.."

The man shrugged. "So, maybe you're right... but  you remember me right? Great Billy?"

"Uh, yeah, I don't think I remember..." I sighed.

"No? Well, that's a shock. You and my son used to get in so much trouble as kids."

His son? "Wait, does your son happen to be Jacob Black?"

Billy grinned. "Oh, so you remember?"

I shook my head. "Actually, just a little. But my mother talks about Jake so much, its hard to not remember."

  “Macy, good to see you…staying out of trouble, right?” he chuckled.

“Yeah… um no. Thus, why I'm here. Mom's just sent me as punishment." Sam cleared his voice.

"Now Macy, you know thats not true..."

I laughed. "Ha, ok, whatever she's telling you, it's a lie."

“Well, we’ll be going…” A voice behind us chimed. I turned my head to see Davis climbing down the stairs now free from the luggage.

I watched as he made his way tot he other guys and began heading towards the door.

"Wait," Davis stopped and sighed, "Where you guys headed?" I asked.

 “To the cliffs…” He answered.

“The Cliffs? What’s that? Can I come with…?” I asked and adjusted my glasses on the brim of my nose.