The words they'd never hear CA/NY

California wasn't sure if when his friends made fun of her they were joking or being serious. There was something that made the air thick when they were near the others. Conversations seemed to shift and the mood changed all together. Maybe he did something wrong? Was it her fault? Did they hate them now?

Whatever it was, California needed a break.

So while usually he'd go to the field outside, florida and Louisiana were occupying the field, and by no means did California want to disturb the two so instead she went to their emotional support state, New York.

"York!"

"What's wrong poppy."

"Your like my friend right?"

"Yes dumbfuck."

California flopped themselves down on the bed next to New York.

California never has consistent hair length, most states would stay with something similar but with California you'd have it fluctuate from shoulder length too long enough to make some decent pigtails.

Right now it was something in the middle, making it New Yorks favorite length when it came to playing with the golden states hair. Californias hair was soft and the golden state found it calming when people toyed with his hair so the two naturally settles into a position where Californias head was on the others lap, as New York read a book and ran his fingers through the others hair.

Sometimes people asked if the two were married, purely from how affectionate the two were. New York was still mean to California but he'd do it while being as gentle as possible to the other state.

He couldn't help from have his eyes wander from his book to the state sleeping below him. He couldn't help but feel butterflies in his stomach.

"I love you California."

Are words he knew the state would never hear though.