Breathless (FL/LA)

Florida and Louisiana ran into a field.

"You think they'll find us here?"

"Probly not sha."

"Good cause I do not want to hear Govs lecture."

"You think we can wait it out?"

"Probly."

Florida threw himself back and landed on the grass. Louisiana layer down next to the other.

"Who's we asking to pick us up sha?"

"I don't know. Who should pick us up loui?"

"Maybe Nevada. Vada won't lecture us."

"Yeah but he has heavy prices."

"How bout we just call a taxi?"

"Sure."

Florida looked at the sky. For once he was calm.

"Texas told me about that combination."

Louisiana looked towards where Florida was pointing.

"What's it called?"

"Don't remember, but it's real pretty. I mean, look at the sky. It's so... wonderful."

"Yeah."

Louisiana looked over at Florida. The two were out of breath. They had just ran away from cops after all.

Louisiana looked at all the different details about Florida. His hair, who's condition wasn't the best due to pool bleach. His eyes and how he could see the starry sky in them. His skin and how it was bruised and scratched. Most of those things people would consider to be imperfections, flaws. Not Louisiana. He had been there for every individual flaw. Every scar, and every bruise reminded Louisiana of their years together. If he wasn't already out of breath Florida could've taken it away.

"Whoa."

"Hm?"

"You're beautiful."

Florida looked back at Louisiana, with a rose color spreading like a weed across his face.

"Thanks loui. You too."

"He reached down for Louisiana's hand."

"I love ya sha."

"I love you too, strawberry."

The two laid silently in each other's presence. For once they weren't talking. For once you could hear the crickets, or the way the grass shifted slowly.

Florida reached for Louisiana's hand. With Louisiana accepting and their fingers intertwining.

"So does this mean we're dating now or something."

"Think so sunshine."

"So you're my bitch now? Nice."

Louisiana laughed at Florida's remark.

"Ya think it's safe to go?"

"I don't know but can we stay here?"

"Sure sha."

Florida moved closer to Louisiana.