"Not like I stay up thinking about em" CA/TX GA/WA

Texas was outside with Georgia. It was a more quiet day as California had taken some other states to the beach, meaning Florida & Louisiana were out, and so was a lot of the west for at least a week.

The two were smoking, in the front yard.

"So what's between you and Cali?"

"Nothin?"

"You're lying to me."

"I'm- I'm not-"

Texas had a clear redness growing on his face.

"Look I won't say anything if ya like em, that's fine I ain't got a problem."

"Well-"

He didn't like California did he? I mean he found California to be attractive yes, and he enjoyed spending time together, he found California to be interesting yes, and maybe he could picture himself in romantic or intimate scenarios with California but he didn't like California right?

"We wouldn't even work out if I did like him anyways."

"Why's that? Both of you love attention, you get along decently outside of work."

"We'll the politics they're two liberal."

Georgie just stared at him.

"You don't actually care about politics do you? You're just using it as an excuse? Cause you've known Cali for a while, you two were friends and you didn't mind? You only care when it allows you to hide from your emotions. You didn't care when he legalized interracial marriage, you didn't care when he recognized same-sex couples, and you didn't care when he legalized weed. You only care when you can hide behind it."

Georgia didn't usually give advice, he was usually sleeping. Though Texas needed this. He needed to do some self reflection.

"That's-"

"Don't hide how you feel Texas. Everyone already knows. I mean have you seen yourself? Holy fuck dude."

He didn't like California. He couldn't. He wouldn't. Cause southerners and west coast states don't mix.

"Well we're two different regions y'know west coast and the south are two completely different areas with nothing in common."

"My brother in Christ I am dating a west coast state."

"Oh. Wait. Who?"

"Washington? He was there at thanks giving with us?"

"I thought you invited him to remind him about how much of a joke he is and how he'll never have meaningful connections?"

Georgie rolled his eyes.

"Look if me and wash can work than you and cal can be a thing."

"Whatever. I mean I don't even like cal that way, not like I stay up thinking about em."

Than the two finished talking

Now it was 1:30 AM, and he couldn't stop thinking about California. Not just California, but California as his.

"Fuck."