Wounds CA/TX

California and Texas had just stopped at a town after some horse riding, somehow the golden state managed to hurt himself.

Sadly Mexico wasn't there to help them.

Californias hand was a bit bloody, and his lip was a bit bruised with some blood dripping from it. California somehow managed to keep his usual upbeat personality.

It was worrying Texas. He couldn't stand to see California hurt like this. He'd rather be stabbed in the back than see the golden state in pain.

"Tex I'm fine really-"

"Cal cal. You are not."

"Look I'll uhm-"

The two were somewhere they didn't know, without money. They had wasted it all on a hotel room that honestly wasn't the best.

"Tex I'm fine."

"But darling—"

He wasn't suppose to call California that. The state beside him went a flushed red, and so did the southern state.

"Sorry-"

"It's fine-"

The two stayed sitting there for a while, staring at anything but each other, while simultaneously never leaving each others side. The two couldn't. They both only felt safe near each other, some would call it unhealthy, but the two couldn't help it. Not when they felt as if being without each other would cause all the pain to come back again.

"We still need to clean off your wounds."

"Oh yeah."

The southern state stood up and left to try and find some towel maybe? Anything would do.

Eventually the state found some old cloth laying around that he could easily tie around the west coasters hand.

When he returned the west coaster was lying down on the bed half asleep.

He took a seat down next to the west coast state.

"You tired?"

"Yeahhh."

The west coast states words seem to trail off, his voice sounded more airy than usual. The Texan found it surprisingly adorable how the golden state seemed so peaceful.

"You want me to fix up your hand right now?"

"Sureeee"

Texas quickly wiped of some blood. It felt so weird to be holding the other states hand. When he finished wrapping the cloth around the other states hand he tried to remove his hand, so he could tend to the states other wounds but California didn't let go of the others hand.

"Cal you have to let go."

"I don't want to thoughhhh."

"If you do you can hold me hand after I'm done tending to you alright?"

"Alrightt"

This was the part Texas was nervous for. He knew he'd have to probably clean of the states lip.

So since he didn't have anything on him he quickly pulled his button ups sleeve on top of his hand and gently patted it against the other states lip, trying his best to not harm the other.

His mind was blank. The only thing he could focus on was how adorable California looked lying next to him. How his lips looked nice even though they were bruised, how his hair was still incredibly pretty even though it was a mess, or how his blue eyes had specks of gold in them.

He couldn't help it. The state was everything he'd want in a woman, though the state wasn't one.

When he looked at the state he also had flushed cheeks but had a much more calm look on his face. Sometimes California did that, where his mood would change rapidly and no one knew why.

"Alright there."

"Now can you stay here with me?"

"Sure cal."